• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to hire 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With SWA's TFP program and how they structure the pay, how does it compare when looking at the hourly pay rate published on APC? Is that page remotely close when comparing say a year 3 FO at SWA to a year 3 737 FO at say UAL, all things being equal?

If you're in your early to mid thirties, which I assume you are, go to Delta. If you get a job at SWA, then Delta wants to employ you, go to Delta. A wider range of flying and an earlier upgrade. Even if Delta shrinks, the numbers are better.

As you know, the industry is cyclical. Delta is rising and SWA is about to travel the path that every Legacy has travelled. They began as an airline that could turn a jet in twenty minutes, now they are unable to turn it in 50 minutes. The DOT metrics are not a point of contention, the cause is.

The average amount of money a SWA pilot makes depends on a system of premium pay and open time that is not a constant. It depends on factors outside of your control. Multiply the minimum guarantee by your hourly rate. That is the only constant. Until the next contract.

Would an fo be willing to post his/her take home pay, with years of service. I know it's a bit personal but it's hard to deduce what actual pay is just from a chart, so many variables. Thinking about ditching my overseas job, but have to run the numbers, any help is appreciated.

Also, would upgrade run about 15 years for a new hire?

As of the end of August I've blocked 608 hours with and average of 135 tfp a month at $118.93 plus $4,700 of per diem.

Seven years ago I was sold that what is going on now could not happen. Seven years from now who knows what will be going on in any airline.

Take the job, the first known job you have as an offer. Accel, and move on only of that job is unbearable. There have been very few SWA pilots leave with the excuse that it is unbearable, most are due to family QOL issues.

Anybody ever hear of Flight training international? Good?

Last edited:
I know, i plan to go to a legacy where only widebody pilots have a good life

You really can't beat options. Having the option to try different types of flying is a good thing. Some people love long haul flying, and some don't. At a legacy, you can try all types of flying. Variety is great, and when it pays well too, that is FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back