• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to have a Q1 loss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not a hater (I turned down a job at SW), it is a great airline, but the highest employee costs in the industry will catch up with them. Good luck. I hope I'm wrong.

Im not a hater (I turned down a job at SW), it is a great airline, but the highest employee costs in the industry will catch up with them. Good luck. I hope I'm wrong.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go? Alaska and Delta are the only carriers I can think of putting ahead of Southwest.

Last edited:
THE SKY IS FALLING AT SWA!! It makes me laugh when the "oh, there ya go, you guys should be charging bags and pissing off all of the customers like WE do crowd" chimes in.. Just got back from recurrent training and Southwest is very much convinced that we are actually making MORE money by NOT pissing off every customer that shows up with a bag, than we would be by charging the bag fees.. Oil is up, profit is down.. big deal.. And as far as "the highest employee cost" comment above.. Our flight operations cost per seat mile is still WAY low.. We make good bucks, but we have to earn it..

I'm still doubling down on the SW stock.

Think about it.

Would you want to invest in an airline that already does wide range international and covers almost every corner of the world, or..

One that hasn't even broke out of the 48 contiguous states and is just now instituting a 737-800 series that can easily take them to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada and deep into Central and South America?

Plus adding 6 more seats to their existing 700 line.

Could get interesting.

I have no ill feelings towards SWA, great fantastic airline. My wife works there so there's an interest from me for them to continue their success even though I work at the competition. Am I jealous? Only of their paychecks! :)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go? Alaska and Delta are the only carriers I can think of putting ahead of Southwest.

Alaska. I hope to upgrade faster....time will tell if I made the right decision.

THE SKY IS FALLING AT SWA!! It makes me laugh when the "oh, there ya go, you guys should be charging bags and pissing off all of the customers like WE do crowd" chimes in.. Just got back from recurrent training and Southwest is very much convinced that we are actually making MORE money by NOT pissing off every customer that shows up with a bag, than we would be by charging the bag fees.. Oil is up, profit is down.. big deal.. And as far as "the highest employee cost" comment above.. Our flight operations cost per seat mile is still WAY low.. We make good bucks, but we have to earn it..

Just got back from recurrent training and Southwest is very much convinced

So ...If they are very much convinced that you need to take a pay cut, will you be so receptive to their opinion? If so,to what degree?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back