• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to codeshare with WestJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reasoning - because clear permission is not stated in our procedures, we are PROHIBITED (!!!!) from ever using them for takeoff and landing.

Reminds me of that scene from A Few Good Men when Tom Cruise asks the corporal where in the manual it says how to get to the mess hall.

Uh.....didn't somebody say something earlier about a SWA-Westjet codeshare?

Will you please stop feeding the Tanker Troll, guys! :smash:

Tanker is just a frustrated kernel. ;)

Show some respect CB. It's spelled Colonel.

Sorry you guys got all offended. Don't get mad at me. My current employer trusts me to go international. Shoot, we trust a 22 year old kid to fly a jet world wide. Looks like you guys just can't handle it yet. I'd be a little upset too if the AF contracted out to the RAF or Canadian AF to fly our stuff across an international boarder.

Maybe SWA just doesn't want to over extend itself. They know that their hedges run out in a couple years, and probably won't be able to fly as much then.

Interesting. Oh-Canada, Mexico, and the islands all in one stroke. Herb is not on the Board. Looks like the only airline dude in the BOD is the co-founder of Virgin America.
Should have maby seen this comming. All new 737s, fairly sucessful company, small with no-frills, and the developers of the RNP Naverius approaches. Will there FA's have to learn English? And yes the Stars can whoop Oilers.

Flew Westjet earlier this year. Very nice airline, and onboard TV ala JetBlue. I wonder if it would drive Southwest to go for TV as well?

Ooops, I guess I had better stop flying international. Man, just when I figured out how to do those really tough position reports with the HF radios.

I don't mean to bash AF guys, I usually have a lot of respect for them. But here is a great example of AF mindset:

Our ops make no mention of the wing light when it comes to lights for takeoff and landing. However the FAA recommends all exterior lights be on for takeoff and landing, and most folks use them. Well, flying with a former AF guy the other day, I get chewed out for turning the wing lights on. The reasoning - because clear permission is not stated in our procedures, we are PROHIBITED (!!!!) from ever using them for takeoff and landing. The fact that there is no clear prohibition against them, and the FAA recommends it, plays no role. You have to have clear, stated permission in the manual for any and everything you do. This mindset is typical of most AF guys I have flown with.

Sorry, not to turn this into a bash fest, but an AF guy brought it up.

That statement is just as ridiculous as the post that set you off! Nice work.

You know, in my experience in the AF, what really shapes your mindset is your squadron commander. If you have a good one there is only one rule when you're the aircraft commander. If you have a rational explanation for why you do something or why you did something -- you're covered. That's it.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back