SWA TidBits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please no more politics!!!!
I thought I was going to read an SWA tidbit that might let me know when I was going to start, instead I read sarcastic messages from two civilians about when a few others and myself in this pool might have to go to Iraq. At least y'all will benefit from our absence and take our starting class date! I do understand the government does directly affect our industry...but at least talk about something interesting like college football if not when we'll all start for SWA.

Brought to you courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue

Football? OK, UGApilotDAWG, I'll bite!

Sorry about that Florida game, but the Buckeyes are Fiesta Bowl bound (if we can get by Michigan!)

shootr

thanks fellas

Thanks Bake, UGApilotDAWG, and Shooter:

As Barney Fife used to say: "We've got to nip it in the bud!" Glad you guys tried to make some sense of this stuff here, and post a reality check. Last night I was affraid this thread was going to become another Hannity and Colmes classic like we've seen too many times before here on this board.

And one other thing.....For all you political types, as far as football goes, Southwest is a PROUD sponser of the NFL, so any reference to football seems like worthy banter to me too.

BTW, I love the SWA commercial where the ref reaches into his pocket for the coin toss, and it's not there. That's a classic!

"Wanna get away?" dong! "You're now free to move about the country.":cool:

Tid Bits....

I think the thread got mis-directed because SOMEone thought it was "SWA to bits" as in blown to bits.... who knows, if we had to we COULD put hard points under the wings of the -200s.... why not, it would be better than sending them out to Mojave to be chopped up and melted down!?!?

After all, the last thing Saddam would be scared of would be 20 or 30 SWA 737-200s heading his way - except he might cry foul to the UN because he would think that they were coming to Bagdad to start daily service to other middle Eastern cities, thus introducing competition to his country's airline. Lower fares to the Iraqi public - I can see it now -

"Dong - you and Allah are now free to move about the country":D

Seems like the swimming might be coming to an end soon - sure am going to miss all this fun!!!?;)

Tred

Hut, hut, HUT!

My kids favorite SWA commercial is the one with the lady in line at the bank who comes up behind the guy picking up his wallet and starts yelling plays and "hut, hut, HUT!" The freeze frame at the end is the best.

BTW why can't people debate a topic without throwing insults and arrogance around.

Do us all a favor and keep the politics, religion, and lite vs regular beer debates somewhere else, eh.

Well then again can't beat the buzz you get at a right wing, christian political convention when you sneak a 12-pack of lite beer in your wife's purse.

I'm getting finger printed this Friday (which means nothing btw) and I am #178 on THE LIST.

cheers

Livefree-
Good news to hear your getting printed. I am #150 and haven't gotten official word on fingerprinting... just a brief talk with LL about setting it up soon in DAL. Did you or SWA set up the time / date / trip? Does SWA fly us up to print or do we set up our own transportation? Either way glad to hear that isn't indicative of any special order...any word on what it DOES mean? Guess it may be because SWA sponsors the NFL and I believe Saturday is for football and Sunday is for racin'!

By the way the ref without the quarter is my favorite with the checkout boy who yells "I'm open" and gets drilled with a hard pass is a very close second!

Still dawgpaddlin'
Les

Oh yeah - as much as I love flying the mighty Orion - the A-6 would definitely get my vote for saying" Hello " to Saddam with a bang!

Finger Prints

Hey DAWG,

When I got called for the finger printing they offered me any place that has a People Department in the entire system. I took the closest one which was OAK. Figured It would be a good excuse to check out most likely my new domicile too. Everyone is so cool at SWA and it turned out to be a really fun experience. You do not have to worry about travel at all. They will give you a "must ride pass" in order to get you there and back on any SWA flight. I spoke with the PD at OAK after getting off the phone with Lindsey and they had already booked my flight to and from and had the confirmation number for me when I called. We are only talking a matter of minutes before I called. Geez they are extremely efficient, my gosh. At some point they send you a FEDEX travel letter with your confirmation information. Anyways, have a good time, if they like you they will print your toes too...Just Kiddin.

Thanks for the good news-
I'll let them fingerprint ALMOST anything if it means I can start sooner!

Les

Yikes...

It only takes about an hour to get that ink off your be...hind...
Oh wait...That was prison

Latest resources

Back