• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Type Date

I have talked to LL about this several times. They consider only three things:

TYPE DATE, TYPE DATE, AND DATE OF TYPE.

I know this because I had to delay my type seven months due to military service. There are no exceptions to the policy. It is type date. I wish I was wrong about this one as I have been in the pool since JULY 2001!!

But it should be over soon.

I stand corrected

True, I was assuming that the sit was no type at interview.

You are right they use the latest of both, but they do not weigh the type date with date of hire for those of us who were unable or unwilling to type before the interview.

Xpress - were you agreeing with me or Dawg? Have you heard they weigh the interview date?

The reason I mentioned that LL said they look at both dates is that I was typed before interviewing so interview date is my "official" pool date. However people behind me (I am 150 in this pool..seems like 240 or so in SWA's real pool) have been getting calls for fingerprints, receiving update packages, etc. So I'm swimming around and not really sure where in the pool I am or where I am going. I only dogpaddle and can't drownproof or tread water very well....

Les

Interview Updates

I still have nothing definitive but if classes start up again in Jan & things go steady for awhile 1Qtr '03 is probably too early after further reflection. I don't believe SWA wishes to continue to add folks to the pool so a more realistic timeframe would be late 2nd or 3Q'03 IMHO. Again things could change either way but my best guess based upon what folks have said about future expansions.

Also, the 4 airplanes SWA gets this qtr are being paid for in CASH! Not bad. Keep the faith.

Never was a big fan of the pants thing. The helmet and lots of donuts add to floatation. I think the swim instructor's words at AOCS when I finally passed swim were "Who'd you pay to get out of here?" That's how well I swim even with the Navy training. Just hoping I can dogpaddle to the shallow end of the SWA pool very soon!

Les

fellas, fellas - enough already. I doubt either one of you are going to change what really does happen to Saddam, besides this is an AVIATION board. If you are going to talk about this stuff ya'll at least debate what type of aircraft would be best to bomb the crap out of Saddam.

Latest resources

Back