• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, The Street's Love Fades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You represent the change in the industry. Back in the day we hired pilots that like flying airplanes. Most of have small airplanes of our own that we tinkered with. Today it is the crowd that does this job without a care for what is strapped behind them. No finese on the controls, brakes or idea.

I still would not want to fly a 737 with the single pack operation on the APU. PP design by Boeing on that one.

2 pack operation on the -700. I'm the smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothest flying SWA/FO out there. I didn't say I didn't care about my peps, just that I don't care what I fly.

No finesse? Rough flying? YOu must have have been on my plane when it was my leg. MRYflyer, what are you doing in the back of a red bellied money maker? Too broke to fly elsewhere? Let me guess what's on your computer desk. A cheap BOX of wine, AOPA mag from 1980, a picture of the one that got away, the JCPenny catalog (cuz your too cheap for PBoy), and a bottle of olive oil (extra virgin) to smooth out the wrinkles so to speak. Livin the Dream ain't ya ole man.

Last edited:
You are almost right. I am very happy. However, I do see some positives industry wide for the legacy carriers for a change.

He's right. Look at how united was able to shed its liabilities and pensions in bankruptcy! horray for UAL management! They're brilliant!

Real Question

Not flame bait so if you don't have a real input, keep your pie hole shut. SWA with a non-fuel CASM of 6.68 seems to be high (higher then B6, F9, AAI, UAL etc). How will the company compete as the fule hedges dwindle. Not flame bait. Is the system more eff. etc or what? What does everyone invision. I only can forsee small pay cuts in 3 years, expansion into the mexican/central American market to get more winter leizure flyers, and paying more for medical and dental and maybe some work rule changes. Lets here some educated ideas not name calling or airline bashing. SWA guys you work their what do you see, hear or think will happen.

PS This will be a real test on some peoples smarts.

Latest resources

Back