• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA, The Street's Love Fades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MRYFLY: "Finest Aviators in the business??? Don't you mean the finest men willing to pay for their own training. Did you or did you not have to purchase a type rating to work at SWA?"

My "good friend", YOU (& me) paid for my training in the Air Force. Is that OK with you? Maybe I should foot the bill on my own? So now, I have a job offer with SWA, is that ok, since I have the 737 type courtesy of the American tax payer? Maybe I should give back the $ amount vs. the time served in defense of this great country, so that you can spout off on this forum. I think that I have paid in terms of time, sweat, blood & tears for that type...

?? did you pay for training for ANY of your ratings ?? Money or time, it's all the same...

Good point....we all pay for it....PFT, CFI with crap pay and looooong hours, block time, etc.

Not flame bait so if you don't have a real input, keep your pie hole shut. SWA with a non-fuel CASM of 6.68 seems to be high (higher then B6, F9, AAI, UAL etc). How will the company compete as the fule hedges dwindle. Not flame bait. Is the system more eff. etc or what? What does everyone invision. I only can forsee small pay cuts in 3 years, expansion into the mexican/central American market to get more winter leizure flyers, and paying more for medical and dental and maybe some work rule changes. Lets here some educated ideas not name calling or airline bashing. SWA guys you work their what do you see, hear or think will happen.

PS This will be a real test on some peoples smarts.
I don't know, since I'm not there, but here's my two pennies. They might be able to get some more efficiency with a PBS. It seems that some of the legacies did away with the 'bid pack' system to the PBS for that reason.

Latest I read was CASM at 6.38 Cents excluding fuel. I still don't see how we are going to make it last. If I were you I wouldn't come to SWA, hell, I wouldn't even think about it. Look at our track record, it is getting worse every year. One thing is for sure, you will never make Captain at SWA. Run away, run away.

I hear that they are going to have a hard time paying their bills next year, espcially all that debt they have to service. All lawyers be ready BK here we come in 07, for sure 08.

Bake your special

Naturaly you try to make make an honest thread. So to quote this last qts report it is 6.68. Look it up. It on the SWA web, under news.

Bake you were right, Wrong company

Total third quarter 2006 operating expenses were $2.08 billion, compared to $1.74 billion in third quarter 2005. Operating expenses per ASM (CASM) for third quarter 2006 increased 9.8 percent to 8.75 cents, compared to 7.97 cents in third quarter 2005. CASM (economic) for third quarter 2006 increased 11.0 percent to 8.75 cents, compared to 7.88 cents for third quarter 2005 primarily due to significantly higher jet fuel costs. CASM, excluding fuel, for third quarter 2006 decreased 0.6 percent to 6.38 cents from last year's 6.42 cents

So according to the clip, CASM actually DECREASED from Q3 2006. I may be missing something but that sounds good to me.

Gup

Latest resources

Back