• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does Chuck Magill say this with a straight face? His good faith is if you don't sign we are going to hurt you. There response is going to be getting more concessions from the next TA and signing an even bigger turkey with an even weaker SWAPA leadership.

Who is SWAPA representing? The company or the majority of the pilots. From what I hear it is the company and the senior droids. If SWAPA was representing the interest of its members it would have had a greater than 2/3 majority.

"We are naturally disappointed and acknowledge it was a very close vote," said Chuck Magill, Vice President of Flight Operations for Southwest Airlines. "We reached a tentative agreement in good faith, and both sides put a lot of effort into getting to this point. We have an outstanding and highly productive group of Pilots, and we appreciate their active involvement in the voting process. We welcome the opportunity for our negotiating teams to re-engage and work toward an agreement that best meets the needs of our Company and our outstanding Pilots during these challenging economic times."

They are going to grandfather the lances in and then send it for a vote. There were lots of no votes just because of this issue. I think the whole thing sucked but this will do it.

Don't get your hopes up for a big change. It's not going to happen.

If grandfathering the lances is the only change and then we pass a new TA, then we, as a pilot group, are big fu@king idiots. With all the b!tching about codeshare, funny that no one brings that up now.

Now what am I gonna do with all those "Don't blame me, I voted no" flight bag stickers I had printed?

Codeshare, bad and the language needs to be changed to include remedies and stiff penalties. Until I see language that has Teeth in Section 1 I will again vote no!

Codeshare, bad and the language needs to be changed to include remedies and stiff penalties. Until I see language that has Teeth in Section 1 I will again vote no!

Grandfather of Lances, minor ELITT changes, and a 3% raise. It will pass by 85%.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the Lances and ELITT that you refer to?

Latest resources

Back