• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the loud lance captains raising he!! about 100 pilot's futures getting screwed.....I just wish that the voices had been this loud when 3000 first officer's futures were getting screwed by the age 65 change.

We did, by this vote and standing up for the screw job this new TA would have provided.

I voted NO!. Today is a good day.

No matter how you voted I think it's time for this pilot group to pull together and Keep SWA the great place that it is! I don't know about you all, but I don't want to work for "just another airline" as some on this forum have suggested?

Great job. I hope you can get what you deserve, but with a margin this close, I would be surprised to see management offer much more to get this passed.

Either way, this is awesome! Send em back to the table.

...nicely executed. But your gonna have to work on that "unity" thing going forward. 51 percent is a very thin margin.

PHXFLYR

50.84 % no 49.16 % yes
participation 95.9%

4.1 percent couldn't be bothered to vote on their future? Less than 2 % margin. Some probably STILL think their vote wouldn't count in the giant scheme of things. Good lesson in voting rights here.

Before any new negotiations happen SWAPA needs a clean sweep on the negotiating committee, recall of any base rep who came out in favor of the TA, and SWAPA legal counsel needs to be fired and replaced.

Those three actions will get the results the majority want and keep SWA like SWA.

They are going to grandfather the lances in and then send it for a vote. There were lots of no votes just because of this issue. I think the whole thing sucked but this will do it.

Don't get your hopes up for a big change. It's not going to happen.

Latest resources

Back