• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was confused when I saw your remark so I looked into your previous posts. Did you really get a class offer at Continental and decided to turn it down to stay at Continental Express? (or is it ExpressJet now?)

Is that for real or some kind of a joke? I made this comparison earlier about a totally different issue but it is probably even better in this situation.

Pardon my expression but to turn CAL down for a regional airline that feeds CAL is sort of like turning a higher paying job down because you might loose food stamp eligibility. I am not picking on you at all, but is this for real? Did you really decide you’d be better off at Continental Express? Confused…:confused:

Sorry, but I have more respect for myself than to go work for a company that doesn't offer health care benefits to new hires.

Not to mention the crappy first year pay, PBS and crappy hubs.

So yes, I turned them down to wait for something better. Hopefully it will come.

Then why did you even apply for the job? Was all that information not available before you interviewed? I dont think so. Not flaming here, but that is pretty silly. Oh I am sure it was for the interview experience.

Last edited:
No, I'm pissed cuz I can't find a man to "take care of me" so I can sit on my ass "raising the kids" and having the man bring me home the bacon.

:rolleyes:

There are plenty of men out there that would love to to be a house biotch... raise the kids and fry up the bacon you bring home.... He'll tell you all about the the days episode on Oprah...

I guess the question is... do you have what it takes to attract such a man? Well..... do ya PUNK!!!

Sorry, but I have more respect for myself than to go work for a company that doesn't offer health care benefits to new hires.

Not to mention the crappy first year pay, PBS and crappy hubs.

So yes, I turned them down to wait for something better. Hopefully it will come.

For what it's worth, I salute you for having the cajones (figure of speech only) to tell Continental to pack sand. It's actually refreshing to run across someone that isn't all giddy because they got an offer from a legacy carrier that can't even offer up basic health care benefits. Good on ya!

You're absolutely right, there are better things down the road....and I'm sure they will come your way. Good luck.

I guess the question is... do you have what it takes to attract such a man? Well..... do ya PUNK!!!

Of course! We're engaged! I think that would be great but that would also be his decision. I'd prefer that he would stay home than myself. I would never make him give up something he wants to do to stay home with the kids.

Last edited:
Of course! We're engaged! I think that would be great but that would also be his decision. I'd prefer that he would stay home than myself. I would never make him give up something he wants to do to stay home with the kids.

So far you have the luxury of living on ideals: not married and no kids (that you know of). I am not saying your marriage will or will not work... but you're like the brand new FO that thinks he will be at UPS or UAL....in short order... dreaming about how wonderful its going to be....

Well... is he going to stay at home or not? Don't you think you should know these things before you get married?

I would never make him give up something he wants to do to stay home with the kids.

Oh no.... we shouldn't have to give up what we want for the kids. Cause we want what we want when we want it...

So then, are you going to stay at home with the kids?

(the kids you plan on having, cause you do not have any now...)

For what it's worth, I salute you for having the cajones (figure of speech only) to tell Continental to pack sand. It's actually refreshing to run across someone that isn't all giddy because they got an offer from a legacy carrier that can't even offer up basic health care benefits. Good on ya!

You're absolutely right, there are better things down the road....and I'm sure they will come your way. Good luck.

It's hard to turn something down you never had.

Latest resources

Back