• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA second time around...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been 26 months from my interview, refs called still received the letter. I'm not holding my breath anymore, I've been trying for over six years. Good luck to all.

They make you get a type rating F southwest that is crap. If they paid crap nobody would want to work there it is all about money. Their TV show sucked too.

They make you get a type rating F southwest that is crap. If they paid crap nobody would want to work there it is all about money. Their TV show sucked too.

You know you are right, it is all about the money....that the company is making. I just went to the "State of the Company" address last night. They probably gave away 20 or so free must ride passes for 2 to various destination along with 2-3 night hotel stays. They also decided to give every employee $150 for Valentines day. I sat at breakfast with the preident and CEO that morning also and they are so down to earth. Profit sharing was decent this year also. They let you know that we, the employee are number 1, not the customer. If we are not happy, how the hell can we make a customer happy. Yes this is a screwed up industry, but when you have one less thing to worry about in that is the company going to screw me, you can do your job to the best of your ability. Am I drinking the cool-aid....sure, and it tastes great. From an outsider not too long ago, I thought it was a little over stated how good it is, but being here now I see why it is all true. I guess I can laugh when people make comments like the one above. Makes me think you tried and did not get it and are a little bitter now. I am glad I was not bitter when I did not get it the first time. It is so much better the second time. Enough rambling from me. good night.

Red dog
Thanks for the reply, helps to hear good things like that when you're awaiting a second chance. Sorry it had to be in response to a bitter poster.

Gen Lee
That almost sounded purposely hurtful. Did I rattle your cage that much?
Still haven't decided if I should apply to DAL. Any sage advice on the future of D for a potential new hire?

I like the guys who are mad at SWA for being turned down the first time. That just means less in front of me for my 2nd try. Go ahead, be pissy. If that is your attitude, then you were never meant to be there and they say that.

Tomorrow will be my 1 year.

Hey the pres at Higher Power is a good friend of mine but SWA turned me down, doesn't sound like a lot of cohooting going on to me.

Skin Flute

Hey the pres at Higher Power is a good friend of mine but SWA turned me down, doesn't sound like a lot of cohooting going on to me.

Come on brother. Of course they are in cahoots & they are playing everyone like a skin flute. It's part of the game to know people & still get turned down the first time. I'd put $$ down you'll get it the second time! Good luck, and have fun in GS the next time around! Porch

Latest resources

Back