SWA Second chances

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scott,

Thanks for the info. Now if only that darned phone would ring!!
What did Lindsey say as far as you getting another call? Are you on the list to be called, or do you need to call her first to be put on the list? Thanks for the help.
p.s. I see you flew L-1011's. When/where? I never had the pleasure, but they are one of my all-time favorites.

Beaker said:
I'm one of the many that was turned down last summer. I know that SWA is still interviewing lots of folks. I was wondering if people are getting called for 2d or repeat interviews, or do they have enough first timers that they haven't been calling previous passed over folks.

Also, how long are the new-Bs sitting reserve at MDW or BAL?

Cheers
B

BWI reserve is around 9-10 months.

Pilottodd2,

I called Lindsey to ask her to clarify some info that had been relayed to me from an AirInc seminar. Basically one of the SWA reps had told my friend that he wasn't competitive to be called for an interview because he did not have any current PIC time in the prior three years. He was an RJ Capt with about 2800 PIC turbine before he left for ATA. He had been an FO with ATA for the past 4 years or so. I was in the same boat as him as far as PIC time and being an FO for the last 4 years (thats where I flew the Tri-Star).

Lindsey confirmed for me, that at this time, I probably was not competitive to be called for an interview. I asked if that would be the case if I got my 737 Type and she said it probably would not change things. She did say that the competetive mins were fluid and that they may be different 6 months down the road.

Scott

Thanks Scott,
At the time of my interview I had only 1600 PIC, now I have 2700 PIC.
Could you please PM me with Lindsey's phone number. I will give her a shout and see if I can get a chance for round 2.
Thanks

At the Open House, Lindsey said that if you are turned down, then your app goes into a second queue for the next year. You can still update it, which she encouraged. Once the year was up it went back into the queue with all the other applications. She had said the app isn't flagged or looks different when it goes back in after year is up. To the PD people, the app looks like everyone elses. She added that the ability to get another interview is based on what they are currently looking for. If you match their current criteria you will be called.

Last edited:
My first interview was just practice...I'm getting ready for the "real" one starting 2/15. :)

I should have phrased the Q differently

... or asked what I'd really like to know...

Are calls currently going out to second- and third-chancers? I know there are many happily employed folks that did not get hired on their first try, but I also know many highly qualified folks that were turned down last year that have yet to receive a call.

Thanks 'Zilla. Looking forward to catching up with you.

B

I know of a guy here that just got turned down on his 2nd try...poor dude. They are calling 2nd timers...but I don't know how many and what they're looking for on the app. to get the 2nd call.

best of luck to ya

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back