SWA Second chances

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beaker

I'm one of the many that was turned down last summer. I know that SWA is still interviewing lots of folks. I was wondering if people are getting called for 2d or repeat interviews, or do they have enough first timers that they haven't been calling previous passed over folks.

Also, how long are the new-Bs sitting reserve at MDW or BAL?

Cheers
B

I've seen people get hired on their 5th try - so the awswer is yes. Baltimore reserve I don't know. At the current pace of hiring I would think less than 6 months.

Gup

Beaker,
Make sure you have your package updated and in the system--I know of several guys called back right at a year to 1.5--PM me when they call and we'll catch up.
Cheers,
'Zilla

Beaker said:
I'm one of the many that was turned down last summer. I know that SWA is still interviewing lots of folks. I was wondering if people are getting called for 2d or repeat interviews, or do they have enough first timers that they haven't been calling previous passed over folks.

Also, how long are the new-Bs sitting reserve at MDW or BAL?

Cheers
B

Buddy just got reinterviewed 14 months after the last time... they just called me as a reference today. I fly with guys ALL the time who got hired on interview #2 and a few on #3.

canyonblue737 said:
Buddy just got reinterviewed 14 months after the last time... they just called me as a reference today. I fly with guys ALL the time who got hired on interview #2 and a few on #3.

And you just keep updating your original online app?

Mgmt1Pilot said:
And you just keep updating your original online app?

Last weekend at the open house they told us second-time-tryers to keep updating the original app. Once your year is up your old app is active in the system again. Also, one of the speakers said that close to 50% of the pilots at SWA had to interview two or more times. One SWA pilot I talked to in the lobby told me that your odds of getting hired on the second try go way up. He said 80% of the second time around guys get hired. Good luck!

I interviewed last Feb. and have been updating my app. twice a month ever since. I am still patiently awaiting a call.
Is it true that Southwest throws out all your previous interview stuff and you start with a clean slate on try #2? I don't know if I personally screwed up or SWA loosing the USAir 737 orders just before my interview that killed it for me. But I don't want to take any chances.

Pilottodd2,

I originally interviewed in Dec 2000 and was turned down. I called Lindsey Lang last week and asked if she still had access to records going back that far. She said everything was in archives at a different building and that they don't take into consideration what went down at a previous interview. You go into the second interview with a fresh slate.

Scott

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back