• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TOGA

Form 8-K for SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO

20-Sep-2007
Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement, Financial Statements and Exhibi

Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.
On September 19, 2007, Southwest Airlines Co. (the "Company") entered into an underwriting agreement (the "Underwriting Agreement") with Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated and Citgroup Global Markets Inc., as representatives of the several underwriters named in the Underwriting Agreement (the "Underwriters"), in connection with the issuance and sale of a total of $500,000,000 of Southwest Airlines Co. Pass Through Trust Certificates, Series 2007-1 (the "Certificates"). The Company expects delivery of the Certificates will be made under the Underwriting Agreement on or about October 3, 2007 in two different series, comprised of $412,100,000 of Class A Certificates with a coupon of 6.15% per annum and $87,900,000 of Class B Certificates with a coupon of 6.65% per annum. Each class of Certificates will be issued by a different pass through trust.
The pass through trusts will use the proceeds from the sale of Certificates to acquire equipment notes from the Company. The equipment notes will be secured by 16 Boeing aircraft owned by the Company. Payments on the equipment notes held in each pass through trust will be passed through to the certificateholders of such trust.
The Certificates are offered pursuant to the Prospectus Supplement, dated September 19, 2007, to the Prospectus, dated September 26, 2005, which forms a part of the Company's shelf registration statement on Form S-3 (Registration No. 333-126738) (the "Registration Statement"), filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on July 20, 2005, and amended on September 23, 2005.
The foregoing description of the Underwriting Agreement is qualified in its entirety by reference to the Underwriting Agreement, a copy of which is filed herewith as Exhibit 1.1 and is incorporated herein by reference. The Underwriting Agreement is hereby incorporated by reference into the Registration Statement as an exhibit thereto.
The Underwriters or their affiliates have from time to time provided and/or may in the future provide investment banking, commercial banking and financial advisory services to the Company, for which they have received or will receive customary compensation.

Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits.
Exhibit 1.1, Exhibit 23.2, Exhibit 23.3 and Exhibit 23.4 are incorporated by reference into the Registration Statement on Form S-3 (333-126738) of Southwest Airlines Co. as exhibits thereto and are filed as part of this Current Report on Form 8-K

Half a Billion dollars might be a *smidge* more than retro pay... ;)

Buying someone or something(s). Question is: who or what?

logic would be you are a thorn in united side American side. So why not be a huge pain in the a$$ to Delta. Looks like Airtran would be the Target with there fleet of 737. But what do I know I fly for AMR corp.

USAIR has alot of cash on hand. As soon as they finalize the contract which should be very soon they will start building the empire. Southwest empiracle leaders are raising cash to fight off the onslaught. Grab some popcorn, this will be the AVIATION Battle of the BULGE!

logic would be you are a thorn in united side American side. So why not be a huge pain in the a$$ to Delta. Looks like Airtran would be the Target with there fleet of 737. But what do I know I fly for AMR corp.

Sounds plausible...

Your whiny little pilot's gonna vote down a contract and shut the mutha down next year... might as well sell the company for some PHAT $$$$$$.

****Note... I fully support the AirTran pilots in their fight for a good contract! Good luck guys!

I say SWA is buying Airtran to get ATL gates and 737's, selling the 717's to Midwest/NWA with some gates, starting an International codeshare with NWA out of PHL, BWI, LAX, SFO. Extra cash to pay for '08 fuel. I love the smell of Merlot in the evening.

100 mill for airtran
100 mill for frontier
100 mill for alaska
100 mill for westjet
99 mill for continental
$5 bucks left over for delta, nwa, and united

Asa

They will buy ASA so they can get acess to the lucrative Dothan market!

-It's all about the dollas!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back