• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 mill for airtran
100 mill for frontier
100 mill for alaska
100 mill for westjet
99 mill for continental
$5 bucks left over for delta, nwa, and united

Now that $hit was funny! It's like one of those "priceless" ads!

Lots of Cash on hand!

The last time I saw a balance sheet we already had a large amount of CASH laying around. Will be interested to see what/who we buy with all this money!!!

It would nice to see us pick up Alaskan Airlines they have gotten rid of all of the 80's but 4 of them. Also they go to Mexico and Canada so swa could start flying "International" and we would not have to start up issues. And we would pick up Alaska nice stop also I guess the way they route the flights to Mexico no etops. The one issue may be horizon air just food for thought I would like to see swa do some thing so our stock picks up and so we can keep a good thing going.

Got to do something with the cash

We're just "dirtying up" the balance sheet a bit to reduce the LBO threat.

Gup

Is is true that $500,000,000 in debt does put some dirt on the balance sheet but you have to use the cash for something....can't have it just sitting in the bank!

You use it to buy back shares, hence returning cash to the shareholders, which is what corporations are supposed to do.

Reading this post reminds me why never to take financial advice from a pilot. What company in the world would mortgage aircraft to buy stock(even their own). We are going to buy some tangible asset(Airtran)IMO.

This makes us in the pool scared. I hope nothing happens until I start class in Dec or Jan.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be wrong, but I was physically in the PD offices last Wednesday and as of then there are no plans for classes after Oct 3rd for the rest of 2007. Also FYI they only firm up dates when the training center makes up its mind between 21-30 days ahead of the respective class date. Again the more the better and I would love it to be true but don't count on any Nov or Dec classes at this point. Cheers, klr

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back