SWA SEC 8-K 19Sep07 . . . thoughts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a WAG here...
246 -300 and -500 steam gauge airplanes that need to be converted to RNP compliant avionics and 274 -700 that would need some software and possible hardware upgrades
That could eat up 500 mil in a hurry.

*granted this would actually occur over a period of time as planes were taken out of service to be modified and then RTS and so on so this cost would be incurred over a period of a couple of years.
Unlikely scenario but I wanted to play too.

Last edited:
I believe the last time SWA borrowed this much money it was right after 9/11. They then turned around and loaned it out at a hire rate than they were paying. I look for SWA to be making some investment loans that will pay a higher rate. In 2001 they made more money from their loans than from flying airplanes.

Any citation for this misinformation?

I was jumpseating through Dallas today, had several hours, and went down to the PD to say thanks anyway for the interview last month.

Ran into HK and the gang just talking with... wait a second... that's Klaus Goersch and Steve Kolski... Hey, Floy came out of the bathroom, WTF??!!

They all went back out of my area where I could get to (followed them back but gestapo nazi chick at the front desk busted me). I'm wondering if I might have been a SWA f/o before too long if this hadn't all gone south?

All of that is a COMPLETE dramatization of course. None of which happened, except that I'm 1/3 of the way into a good bottle of scotch here by myself in training on an airplane I never thought I'd have to fly again. *sigh*

Truckmasters was kinda looking good. :)

You guys didn't really think you were going to get an entire thread without a hijack, did ya? :D

Lov ya, mean it! :D :D :D

Last edited:
How do you think the pilots over there (the whole GAL group) would feel about a SWA buyout?

I can't speak for anyone but myself.

ATA used to be one of the best flying jobs out there but since bankruptcy the GAL-WOA-NAA transaction and the proxy control by SWA, ATA has been become a very confusing and insecure place to work. We haven't a clue what our future holds.

If SWA would buy the holding company at least we would have a direction that would be known by our employees. I think most people don't really care if SWA buys us or not we just want to have a plan or future direction made known.

Some will be happy and some will not, life isn't fair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back