• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA SEC 8-K 19Sep07 . . . thoughts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As stated before, I'm usually wrong but...

I believe, SWA will buy GAL and operate it as a separate subsidiary. SWAPA is probably working with SWA management regarding scope and other protections that will allow SWA to explode internationally with little liability.

IMHO

As stated before, I'm usually wrong but...

I believe, SWA will buy GAL and operate it as a separate subsidiary. SWAPA is probably working with SWA management regarding scope and other protections that will allow SWA to explode internationally with little liability.

IMHO

I haven't exploded internationally since that bean burrito in MMTY

SWAPA's contract requires that all flying done by SWA or any company in which it has ownership stake be done by SWAPA pilots. They may operate it seperately, but it will be flown by SWAPA pilots. That would require a staple of the GAL pilots, or a mass hiring at SWA.

I believe the last time SWA borrowed this much money it was right after 9/11. They then turned around and loaned it out at a hire rate than they were paying. I look for SWA to be making some investment loans that will pay a higher rate. In 2001 they made more money from their loans than from flying airplanes.

New rumor.

SWA will buy WestJet.

Just passing it on.

Was told a month ago that the architects of the ATA (GAL) buyout of World and NAA was none other than HErb Kelleher and an retired Air Force MAjor on the board at World. No joke (well, we have been trying to get that confirmed here at NAA-but haven't as far as I know).
Coastinout

Latest resources

Back