• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The proof is the w2 at the end of the year. If it's more, I will ban myself for life.
If it's less, red clown will shut his pie hole for eternity. Deal?

Once again the wit that is to be expected from those who cannot use big boy words to refute any of the facts laid at their feet.

We've refuted his idiotic claims over and over again. At some point you just get tired of pointing out exactly how wrong he is and just call him what he is: an a$shole.

The proof is the w2 at the end of the year. If it's more, I will ban myself for life.
If it's less, red clown will shut his pie hole for eternity. Deal?

You know Freight, I really don't care what your W-2 says. I could personally make my W-2 100k, or closer to 200k by working hard. And that's what I do, and it's not for everybody.

This deal varied across the seniority spectrum. It varied so much because everyone has personal preferences and what's important to them...personally. There's just no way that everyone was going to be 100% happy. It's long over and done with.

If as a FAT you were forced into a commute, that sucks. If you were a junior CA that lost your seat with no quick way to get it back, that sucks. I didn't gain sh!t out of this deal. A small bump of 3% globally is a joke. Don't upgrade any earlier and NO monetary gain. NONE. But why would I come on here and complain years later like some? Have at it if it makes you feel better.

We've refuted his idiotic claims over and over again. At some point you just get tired of pointing out exactly how wrong he is and just call him what he is: an a$shole.

Toad,

I've dealt in factual numbers that you want to whitewash because you don't like being tied to those numbers (I get it). But in the end, it's an inconvenient truth for you.

Not really sure why we are still talking about it. This thread was dead until someone resurrected it a month later.

Jeter,

You're dealing with misrepresentations, not factual numbers. You can't use 2001 pay rates for comparison, no matter how much you want to.

You mean what you were being paid in 2010? We really should have used those fantasy rates you had on the desk in your mother's basement!

No, you should use the rates that we actually had on the date of the consummation of the merger, which were the 2010 CBA rates. But that doesn't fit your narrative, so you ignore it. Typical.

Let's all move on, shall we? Back to the thread:

I would expect to see the 1000 TPIC also go bye-bye within the next 2 years. With our slow upgrades, lack of variety, and now industry-lagging contract, we really don't have a very compelling case vs. the Big 3. I've spent a lot of time in RJ jumpseats over the last year, and I'm hear to report that SWA most definitely is NOT the airline everyone is gunning for these days. :erm:

Then again, it also seems eerily similar to the environment in the late 90's when it wasn't very popular to come to SWA (why else would they have hired my dumb-a$$?) Though I ended up having a pretty good ride over the last decade & a half. Crazy business....who knows what's going to happen next?

No, you should use the rates that we actually had on the date of the consummation of the merger, which were the 2010 CBA rates. But that doesn't fit your narrative, so you ignore it. Typical.

I see you viewpoint now PCL, thanks for actually putting that out there.

The difference is you'd like to use payscales AFTER the announcement that were negotiated with SW consummation in mind. ie, we all knew it was going to get done......verses what you were actually getting paid. I'd say that's an unbelievable stretch.

It's just a point that we'll just have to disagree on and honestly it makes zero difference now. Have a good one.

Let's all move on, shall we? Back to the thread:

I would expect to see the 1000 TPIC also go bye-bye within the next 2 years. With our slow upgrades, lack of variety, and now industry-lagging contract, we really don't have a very compelling case vs. the Big 3. I've spent a lot of time in RJ jumpseats over the last year, and I'm hear to report that SWA most definitely is NOT the airline everyone is gunning for these days. :erm:

Then again, it also seems eerily similar to the environment in the late 90's when it wasn't very popular to come to SWA (why else would they have hired my dumb-a$$?) Though I ended up having a pretty good ride over the last decade & a half. Crazy business....who knows what's going to happen next?

Completely agree SNTS. The ebb and flow of where folks go is ongoing, never to stop. Then they change the rules of the game midstream causing even more of an unknown.

Had a Great Lakes dispatcher on the jumpseat recently and they said 'we cancel close to half our flights daily'. Not enough pilots. It's going to reach a tipping point at some date.

Latest resources

Back