Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Your making more than before the acquisition, right?

If it makes you feel more empowered to call it an "acquisition", rock on, sister. Look around you, though, sure looks like a merger happened. :laugh:

Thanks for asking, but, no, I'm making less. While I would like to thank you personally for the higher rates we got after the DoCC, I can't really thank you for those rates in good conscience, since we had already rejected them previously in a failed TA. Gary didn't slip those rates to Fornaro on the back of a cocktail napkin. :rolleyes:

Are you going to make a lot more over your career at SW than you would at AT? Considering most will make over a MILLION MORE over their career here than at AT you can see how I have little room for cry babies when it comes to talking about money.

Who knows how much or how little I would have made? Maybe Delta would have bought us, maybe Republic, who know, and who cares? As for crybabies, you're the one who started the poo flinging, and you seem to be the one who wants to keep the bitchferst going.

Yes please enlighten me on how many are now not commuting vs how many are currently displaced. Like I said ATL is expanding and they will be back soon while the vast majority of your workforce got large raises the SW pilots got NOTHING. Once again please STFU as some did get screwed but the vast majority made out much better.

Hey, man, like you said, ATL is expanding. Maybe you can get into that base. They'll love you there. :laugh:

Oh and BTW it is done you need to move on. I guess just like PLC who has no life and comes back to threads that have nothing to do with him any more.

Re-read what I wrote-

"I've been pretty happy as an FO, but it's guys like you that remind me of how much less I'm making . . . ".

I guess it's not too late to change my domicile bid for May to MCO. It won't improve my commute, but it will give you something to bitch about.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Don't do it! You might get stuck flying with me!

Well, so far, I have yet to fly with anyone I wouldn't want to fly with again.

I would hate to break that streak! :D

Seriously, I think most of us have come to the conclusion that from here on out, it's what you decide to make of it. I enjoy what I'm doing. It'd be a real shame to make yourself miserable for the next 20 years, but some people seem determined to do just that.

Regds,
TW

PS, I do plan to move back to Tampa in 2020, but by then, I'll be a Capt and you'll be flying the widebody. ;)

Last edited:
Well, so far, I have yet to fly with anyone I wouldn't want to fly with again.

I would hate to break that streak! :D

Seriously, I think most of us have come to the conclusion that from here on out, it's what you decide to make of it. I enjoy what I'm doing. It's be a real shame to make yourself miserable for the next 20 years, but some people seem determined to do just that.

Regds,
TW

Ditto.

The vast majority of FOs I've flown with in the last year or so have been AT folks.

With one exception, all have been awesome to work with, and even the "exception" wasn't that bad.

In spite of the awesome "gains" :rolleyes: I've garnered, if I had the power to make the entire acquisition/merger/SLI disappear, I would.

The one regret I'd have is not being able to work with some of the AT folks, as I've truly enjoyed working with most of them.

You know PCL, at this point I don't even care that much...except when 27 Driver says it wasn't a doubling of salary.

When it was 131/hr (SW) vs. 72/hr (AirTran).

That's an increase of over 80% (I'll concede that's not quite a double). There were plenty that made out on the new payrates vs. what they were getting paid.

I will completely agree with you that AirTran should have been paid more and you guys were working hard toward that goal but you have to also realize that some did very well with this purchase. Others, not so much.

27, you going to chime in? Otherwise I'm done with the deadhorse.

I can honestly say I didn't double my pay or get a 80% raise. You can say it a million times Red but that doesn't make it true.

Seriously, I think most of us have come to the conclusion that from here on out, it's what you decide to make of it. I enjoy what I'm doing. It'd be a real shame to make yourself miserable for the next 20 years, but some people seem determined to do just that.
^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^

It's not a bad place to work, move on with your life. I stopped worrying about the things I couldn't change long ago.

I agree. It's just the Utopia Red thinks it is.

I don't think I've ever said it was 'utopia' 27. It works for me.

It is what you make it, just like Howard said (and Ty for that matter). I like the fact that you can make a ton of coin if you want to work hard, or coast if you don't.

I don't think I've ever said it was 'utopia' 27. It works for me.

It is what you make it, just like Howard said (and Ty for that matter). I like the fact that you can make a ton of coin if you want to work hard, or coast if you don't.

That's something we can agree on Red. It's just not the windfall you claim it to be. I work more days and have a ********************-ton more expenses for a small raise. Like TY I have enjoyed my short stay here.

It may not be a 'windfall' for many...but some, yes...some no. It depends on each individual circumstance.

Most FO's are making a lot more cash (you guys topped out at 79/hr). Do they have to commute for it? It depends on where they live. Junior AirTran FO in Chicago? He's driving to work and making 80% more.

Former AirTran ATL Captain? He might be commuting to another base and waiting to get back in the left seat. He lost some pay, but will make substantially more in the long run. At least 1 Million more for his career. No way AirTran was getting close to SW pay in negotiations. That may not even include Profit Sharing.

There are too many scenarios to paint with too broad a brush, but many AirTran guys are making more than they every would have at AirTran.

Thanks for saying you're enjoying things so far. I honestly hope that's the case for your career at Southwest. 98% of the guys here are awesome. We too have our 2%. They stick out so much it won't take long to figure it out!

Welcome aboard. Thanks for not bringing PCL.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom