• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks God I got out. If I had to listen to that BS for the next thirty years, I'd blow my brains out.

Yes because adding 8 more bases to include what you already had is a horrible thing? Yes some got kicked out of their 1 main base but it is growing and a lot are getting back in.

How many hundreds don't have to commute to your ONE main base because they now have 8 additional bases to go to? I will happily put your numbers on how many were commuting to ATL that are now living in a base or a lot closer to a base vs. those who are now displaced out of a base and considering that ATL is growing I bet all those that want ATL will be there soon.

Now with the MASSIVE raises that the vast majority of the AT pilots got since the SW purchase should ease the pain of the initial displacement of those that were harmed on the AT side. On the SW side those that were displaced and cannot return to their base because of the acquisition got ZERO to help the medicine go down.

So, please stop playing the victim as the vast majority of the people at AT benefited from having more bases to choose from.

Dude, wake the hell up. You only need to look at the ATL FO sniority list versus any other base to see how many pilots obviously did NOT benefit from having other bases to be forced to commute to. There are former Captains who can't get into their home domicile as FO. Sorry someone peed in your Cheerios, too.

Ps, I'm making $30.00 less per hour since transitioning, while commuting to a much further base. How much less are you making, and how has YOUR commute and pay changed? I've been pretty happy as an FO, but it's guys like you that remind me of how much less I'm making that make me consider putting in for Lance. Shut the hell up, already, fool.

Last edited:
On the SW side those that were displaced and cannot return to their base because of the acquisition got ZERO to help the medicine go down.

I'm at a loss to see how anyone from SW was displaced, and cannot return to their base. There was no "bump and flush". There is no displacement bid. AT pilots were only allowed in to domiciles with openings. How could any SW pilot possibly get displaced?

I'm at a loss to see how anyone from SW was displaced, and cannot return to their base. There was no "bump and flush". There is no displacement bid. AT pilots were only allowed in to domiciles with openings. How could any SW pilot possibly get displaced?

The fact that you are at a loss to see how anyone could have been displaced and cannot return to their base just shows how little you have been following what has been going on. Let me help you out on how those that are still waiting to get back to MCO got kicked out in the first place. Base shrinks a little they got displaced and with only real senior AT people coming in they cannot get back.

Last edited:
Dude, wake the hell up. You only need to look at the ATL FO sniority list versus any other base to see how many pilots obviously did NOT benefit from having other bases to be forced to commute to. There are former Captains who can't get into their home domicile as FO. Sorry someone peed in your Cheerios, too.

Ps, I'm making $30.00 less per hour since transitioning, while commuting to a much further base. How much less are you making, and how has YOUR commute and pay changed? I've been pretty happy as an FO, but it's guys like you that remind me of how much less I'm making that make me consider putting in for Lance. Shut the hell up, already, fool.

Your making 30,000 less a year while 70% of your seniority list is making a lot more.

Your making more than before the acquisition right? Are you going to make a lot more over your career at SW than you would at AT? Considering most will make over a MILLION MORE over their career here than at AT you can see how I have little room for cry babies when it comes to talking about money.

Yes please enlighten me on how many are now not commuting vs how many are currently displaced. Like I said ATL is expanding and they will be back soon while the vast majority of your workforce got large raises the SW pilots got NOTHING. Once again please STFU as some did get screwed but the vast majority made out much better.

Oh and BTW it is done you need to move on. I guess just like PLC who has no life and comes back to threads that have nothing to do with him any more.

Last edited:
Real easy base shrinks a little they got displaced and with only real senior AT people coming in they cannot get back.

So they were displaced due to base shrinkage. And then couldn't get back in due to more senior people bidding in. And these people were 100% Airtran. How many people are we talking here? Which base shrank, by how many, and when? I'm really curious.

The fact that you are at a loss to see how anyone could have been displaced and cannot return to their base just shows how little you have been following what has been going on. Let me help you out on how those that are still waiting to get back to MCO got kicked out in the first place. Base shrinks a little they got displaced and with only real senior AT people coming in they cannot get back.

Enlighten me. Exactly how many were displaced? Cause I'll tell ya how many were displaced from Atlanta. About 1500. The fact they were displaced from MCO has nothing to do with Airtran guys, by your own admission it was normal seasonal base shrinkage. We're talking pretty junior guys I'm thinking, and a handful at best. It sucks to be junior, but they were the bottom of the heap with or without the integration and may or may not have gotten back even with no integration. By your angst over it I'm guessing you were one of them. The good news is that bakery near the airport in OAK sells really good sourdough bread.

Last edited:
I heard you still need the B737 type to get hired into ATL.

I heard you still need the B737 type to get hired into ATL.

?????

They give em away free now, didn't you get the memo? Don't even need to be a lotto winner

Latest resources

Back