• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has not been a college requirement for decades. There are a bunch of folks that were hired here without it, the negative implication in the metrics used for selection, is easily overcome by already being on the property (MX, Dispatch, etc.), lots of PIC time in Large Aircraft with plenty of Total Time (10000 and above), and of course being in any of the special classifications. (Female, Black, Hispanic, etc.)
I know a couple guys from our place that meet none of those requirements and got hired without the magic piece of paper. But they were great sticks, and great guys, fun to around, and we all know that the college degree has nothing to do with being a fun guy to be around. And SWA is smart enough to recognize real talent when they see it regardless of hte college degree thing.

Crocodile tears falling huh Red...
"I hope WE (meaning 'me'), as a group, don't have to go through that again!"

Truly amazing

Amazed at what Bill? You off your meds again?

I'd rather none of us go through it....that includes all on the seniority list, not just me. Maybe that's the way you feel about your seniority list brothers. All about you?

Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth though. You couldn't be farther from the truth. And I'm not crying about anything. It was what it was.

Copout Red....

Your game is well known here

Not trying to get in a back and forth with you Bill, but..

I never thought the AAI guys should have lost their CA seats. I said it from day one. Feel free to go back and check.

As far as another integration? It's not good for anyone, yes, me included or for those around me. I'm surprised you don't agree.

Not trying to get in a back and forth with you Bill, but..

I never thought the AAI guys should have lost their CA seats. I said it from day one. Feel free to go back and check.

As far as another integration? It's not good for anyone, yes, me included or for those around me. I'm surprised you don't agree.

I don't thinks it's a crime to be pissed off and vocal and then have a change of heart over time. In fact. I think that's the norm.

No, it's worth nothing to them. They are bidding against the same guys they have been for the past 20+ years. They couldn't care less about who is junior to them, it makes no difference.

Exactly.........

I am well into the top 1/3.

Except for a few scabs inserted on the list in front of me, I certainly wasn't "harmed" (which is definitely much better than the junior guys got), but to say I gained anything in this acquisition is a stretch of the definition......

The only movement I've seen lately is due, completely, to the retirements finally kicking in.

Did anyone really expect that an "acquisition" by their employer would become some sort of twisted Christmas present for themselves?

People on either side of the fence invariably take it in the shorts in some regard.

You shouldn't have lost your seat Ty, that's a given.

But for some to say we (SW) cleaned up is also disingenuous. The only guys that did well were those that upgraded. Those above that gone close to nothing (older carrier), and those below got a small, very small bump in global seniority. No payraise, no stock options...nothing.

I have empathy for those on the other side. There were groups that doubled their salary, those that lost their seats, those that won't upgrade at all, etc. The list goes on and in the end it's over. I hope we, as a group, don't have to go thru that again.

Agree completely, Red.

The guys below those that upgraded got hosed.

I have to say, I've been pretty damned happy since I've been on line.... in large part to the welcome I've gotten from pretty much everyone. I've been enjoying coming to work, and I haven't flown with anyone yet that I wouldn't look forward to flying with again.

Did anyone really expect that an "acquisition" by their employer would become some sort of twisted Christmas present for themselves?

Absolutely not. But for some reason, certain folks keep telling me how much I've gained out of the deal, when I netted zero. And honestly, I am happy with that and consider myself very lucky.

Latest resources

Back