SWA rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYJFAN4LFE said:
I interviewed with SWA on June 23rd and just recently went through my briefcase and re-read my rejection letter. Amongst other things it read "We would like to encourage you to continue your pursuit of you career goals and remind you that you may apply to Southwest again in the future."

I am still very interested in SWA and was wondering if everyone rejected recieves the same letter or if there are different form letters based on how well/poorly you did. Any info would be greatly appreciated and good luck to all...

I got the same letter 6 years ago. Fortunately they were sincere about thanking me for my persistence when I re-interviewed in '04. Netjets was ok, but I prefer the SWA lifestyle. Personal choice.

-Fate

L'il J.Seinfeld said:
Netjets is as stable as SWA and World, I'm not slamming SWA, I applied there too, but it's not the best job out there.

Are you insane? NJA lost money because of their huge losses overseas. and their labor costs will go up 40%. WN hasn't lost money in 25 years.

You guys are being very unfair to me. I was only pointing out the fact that "the poster" thinks Southwest is not the best job out there and that this job maybe someone else "best job". You know its all subjective. Simple as that :rolleyes:

I didn't find my statement in violation of the flightinfo code of ethics. I guess being junior members of flightinfo.com its the simple things that has gotten you two excited, since you two think alike maybe you should meet up somewhere? Good luck with that.
:puke:

I'll say it for you SWA/FO........

Actually - SWA hasn't lost money in 35 years :)

And BTW, for me, it is the best job out there too.

Gup

:) thanks Gup!! "You took the words right out of my mouth" - to quote Meatloaf. Love that song :cool: Had a former jetblue guy in my new hire class, he is happy to be here too.

Back on the subject, if one did get a rejection letter and has to wait 1 year, then when does that "1 year" expire? EX, Interviewed 24 feb 05, on application, it asks if you ever interviewed at SWA before? If yes, then it has a drop-down menu that allows you to enter month and year only. So, if they go by a monthly standard, and they count Feb 05 as the first month, then technically would you be eligible for another try Feb 1 06?

Also, could SWA call you in Jan for a Feb 1 interview? Or are you only back on their radar come Feb 1?
Apart from going to an Airinc conference, what else could one do to let SWA know you are still interested?
Thx.

If you still have your contact info, I'd call LL and ask her these questions and reitterate your interest and that you're trying to reapply at the earliest possible time.

Best of luck,
Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back