• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the interview and the rejection letter. No big deal. On their application, they have you check a box noting whether you want your current employer contacted during your background check. I checked the box, made a note on my application, and included a separate letter specifying my request, AND I brought it up during my interview. U.S. Investigations, contracted to do the background investigations for Southwest Airlines did contact my employer, and I got fired. It's a right to work state. So be careful out there boys and girls.
SP

You are in good company, I know too many very sharp guys turned down by them. Most have found other equally as good jobs at places like DAL, UPS, JB, and AT. SWA has gotten a little bid full of themselves since 9-11-01. I used to recruit with them in the late 90's, a fun bunch of people to hang around, tell jokes, drink beer, have fun. No big lines at their booth like AAL, UAL, DAL, etc. Last time I saw them at a job fair in 2007, they were a lot like DAL in the ole days with Plato.

You guys make it sound like SWA is the only airline to turn down pilots. I couldn't even get an interview at NWA, UPS, and FedEx back in the day. NWA and FedEx gladly accepted my application fee though.

I got the interview and the rejection letter. No big deal. On their application, they have you check a box noting whether you want your current employer contacted during your background check. I checked the box, made a note on my application, and included a separate letter specifying my request, AND I brought it up during my interview. U.S. Investigations, contracted to do the background investigations for Southwest Airlines did contact my employer, and I got fired. It's a right to work state. So be careful out there boys and girls.
SP

That's effed up bro, sorry to hear!

I got turned down a few years ago. Put my app back in with the new system, didn't get an interview, but still got the rejection letter.

SWA has gotten a little bid full of themselves since 9-11-01

really? When you have 9000 apps for 250 openings I guess you can be picky.

You are lucky

really? When you have 9000 apps for 250 openings I guess you can be picky.
you are lucky you applied back in the good ole day. Did you get the stupid Blue fluid coming out of the lav question like Tom B. Remember timing is much more important than skill and desire.

Latest resources

Back