Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheCheat

4 8 15 16 23 42
Woke up to this in the inbox... anyone else get this? I ask because I'm surprised to not see it on FI already. Of course, interviewing unsucessfully once already has me a little paranoid.

Thank you for your interest in the First Officer position at Southwest Airlines and for the effort you put forth in our application process. Southwest is fortunate to receive interest from many qualified Candidates for the limited number of Pilot positions that we have available.
After careful consideration, you were not selected at this time to move forward in our hiring process. You are welcome to apply in the future for the First Officer position, through www.southwest.com/careers during our next hiring event.
We wish you success in your future endeavors and thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Southwest Airlines People and Leadership Development Dept

yeah, I got one too... it's the boiler plate letter I guess when they more or less flush out their apps..? I assume the next window, they expect you to put in new one.. I hear no type = letter

edit: just saw your profile... so I guess the type isn't it... I guess my 12000 hours in 8 types and 3500 PIC large/heavy jet, no failed checkrides and no FAA violations wasn't enough.

I don't think it means you got flushed. I have gotten that twice now (a couple months apart) after applying once.

You are welcome to apply in the future for the First Officer position, through www.southwest.com/careers during our next hiring event.
We wish you success in your future endeavors and thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Southwest Airlines People and Leadership Development Dept

Key words in bold. This event is over, no more hiring until the next event. Duh.

Don't give up guys. I've flown with many who received that letter more than once and finally got picked up. Also, I think the company is slowing down a lot of "events" until we get this Air Tran integration figured out. Good luck.

Don't give up guys. I've flown with many who received that letter more than once and finally got picked up. Also, I think the company is slowing down a lot of "events" until we get this Air Tran integration figured out. Good luck.

That would be the million dollar question if someone wanted to get hired by SWA. I would have all my duck in a row. ( I am just saying) :)

I don't think it means you got flushed. I have gotten that twice now (a couple months apart) after applying once.

That means you were a double flush, you really stunk...J/K!

A lot of qualified guys got this, believe its some type of requirement for the new EOE hiring program they are using. (Something to do with getting Government business (Charters).)

KBB

yeah, I got one too... it's the boiler plate letter I guess when they more or less flush out their apps..? I assume the next window, they expect you to put in new one.. I hear no type = letter

edit: just saw your profile... so I guess the type isn't it... I guess my 12000 hours in 8 types and 3500 PIC large/heavy jet, no failed checkrides and no FAA violations wasn't enough.

When are pilot going to learn. Sometimes its all about personality, not about how many types you have. If you have 7000PIC or 8000PIC that doesnt make a difference. You have to have that charm that sticks out form the rest of the candidates.

Latest resources

Back