Swa recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds pretty fishy to me...

You don't put a motion on the floor during an active petition drive that will knowingly block said petition drive in violation of your own bylaws (assuming the bylaws don't also require what the president was proposing).

If your bylaws say he can do that, that's one thing. Otherwise, if he's trying to play a chess game and "cut you off at the pass" by changing the bylaws before the results of the recall petition can be submitted to the BoD, then I'd argue he's deliberately violating your C&BL's and I would petition the NMB to get involved.

If what he's doing is found to be illegal in terms of the RLA, there will be repercussions, including, in all likelihood, forcing the recall vote to go out if you've met the threshhold as previously-required under your un-modified By-Laws, others on here might be able to better describe the process of NMB oversight.

Just my take on it.

He basically did what you propose. Created a Bylaw in the 11th hour to avert it ever going to vote. Almost immediately after the votes were handed in. (along with knowing he has the majority on his side (5-4).

And some have done exactly what you say. They have petitioned to have the NMB intervene.

I can accept it losing in a membership vote. But to have 5 guys bypass how it's supposed to work and eliminate 2500+ voters opinions is absurd.. Even the people who wrote the Bylaws say that the way it was written is NOT being followed.

And yes...very fishy

Latest resources

Back