• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA raising hiring mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad I'm proudly swimming in the FedEx pool....

lucky for you with no PIC time.

Had two guys in my class without college degrees.

JumpJetter said:
How come the website hasn't been updated? I assume re received this via email. Doesn't really matter, nobody with only 1000 TPIC has been hired since 2001!

Their website DOES reflect the 1300 Turbine now.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Big picture view...I believe this will help individuals rather than hurt them...as long as the 1300 is still competitive as well as their minimum. If you interview with 1001 and receive the letter because of time only, you have a minimum 1 year wait before trying again. Fly an extra 300 hours in 4-5 months, interview, receive the job and you just saved yourself more than half a year of seniority and anxiety because the new mins place you in the competitive time frame.
It sure will help them. Now people arene't going to have to waste their time and money going down for an interview when their chances are slim to none that they will get hired with only 1000 PIC time. They still probably won't get hired with 1300 PIC. From what I know, it takes a lot more time than that. I heard its more like 1700 PIC hours.

Hmmm. What are the chances they'll shorten the 2nd interview time to 6 months. I know it's probably unlikely right now...but I'm still gonna be hopeful.

SWA/FO said:
lucky for you with no PIC time.

Where are you trying to go with this?

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Big picture view...I believe this will help individuals rather than hurt them...as long as the 1300 is still competitive as well as their minimum. If you interview with 1001 and receive the letter because of time only, you have a minimum 1 year wait before trying again. Fly an extra 300 hours in 4-5 months, interview, receive the job and you just saved yourself more than half a year of seniority and anxiety because the new mins place you in the competitive time frame.

From what I understand if your hours aren't good enough to get hired they won't call you for the interview anyway. I wouldn't wait to apply to get "extra" hours above the new minimum. The fact is they have lots of applications from people way above the minimums so who really knows what "competitive" means from month to month or why people with hours that are less than what Air inc lists as "competitive" are still called for interviews?

Fly High said:
Their website DOES reflect the 1300 Turbine now.

I still see 1000 hours. Can you give me a reference? Thanks.

navyflyer said:
FedEx. Because.

Because why? C'mon help the others out in their decision process. Share a little. No flame implied or intended.

Last edited:
matchthehatch said:
I still see 1000 hours. Can you give me a reference? Thanks.

The requirement for the 1300 hours PIC turbine is on the questions you answer for before entering the application information. If you answer no to the 1300 hours, it will not let you enter an application, or update one you have on file.

You are correct they have not updated the Flight Officer career page yet. I am sure that will be corrected very soon.

iflyhigh

Latest resources

Back