swa question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captboy2001

the people that r getting hired now, are they getting a line or sitting reserve.if reserve what is the reserve time before getting a line?

LeftBarrels and Notunderpar...

Were you guys junior, or senior, in your class for seniority purposes? Or does it matter? I have a feeling I'll be carrying a cane when in Big D!:rolleyes: Hopefully, that will get me to BWI sooner!

I think I was six from the bottom. Either way, cane or no, you should be able to get wherever you like within a month or two, and maybe even right out of the shoot. Things are moving fast around here and the QOL is second to none in my opinion.

thanks for the input. one more question....does having someone walk in your resume help there or do they only go through the online thing?????????

Ugh, are you guys working at the same SWA as I am. You must still be in OAK if you are holding a line. Been here 7 months BWI and am double digit numbers away from holding a line.

DH2WN said:
Ugh, are you guys working at the same SWA as I am. You must still be in OAK if you are holding a line. Been here 7 months BWI and am double digit numbers away from holding a line.

Ditto this post....For all those at SWA or coming to SWA, please realize seniority varies dramatically at various pilot bases. BWI is no longer a junior FO base. After 18 months, my seniority is better in ever base except DAL and MCO. Shocking...not really. MDW growth, coupled with construction at BWI to add underground fuel pits at the Odd numbered B gates.

Hopefully BWI will start to grow in the spring, but for the past year, growth has been slow.

If you plan to come to BWI soon after IOE, plan on sitting reserve for at least a few months. It took me five months before I got off reserve.

Yahtz

depends a bunch on if you're in a commuter base or not. BWI, MDW, and OAK are commuter bases whereas MCO, PHX, DAL are not (I'm pretty sure, don't really know about HOU). In live in bases (DAL, MCO, PHX) reserve tends to go senior so new guys get hard lines fast.

Latest resources

Back