• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Q2 Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right, Bill, in that it's not all that much to us as pilots.... But it might be a lot to a ramper or skycap. Every employee gets the same $200.

Bubba

Good post Bubba, many of us forget how much $200 dollars can mean to a lot of people and many of us also forget how fortunate we are at the upper end of the pay scales in this business. Personally I think it's a very good thing when all the employees I work with (and depend on) are getting a bonus.

It's actually 4 million plus that I believe GK takes home for a bonus. Sure it's great for the employees to get the cash...but GK didn't have to deal with the delays running hours late on no sleep, dealing with irate pax, or sitting on a cold ramp waiting 3 hours for a short staffed ramp. GK could care less. He's an accountant. He doesn't care about the employees or the passengers. He got his 15%...which he said we will grow when we hit it...but he's already said we won't grow in 2015 so that also makes him a POS. Can't trust the man as far as you can throw him.

GK could care less. He's an accountant. He doesn't care about the employees or the passengers. He got his 15%...which he said we will grow when we hit it...but he's already said we won't grow in 2015 so that also makes him a POS.

All the airlines are making record profits because they aren't growing or adding capacity. We, as pilots, rely on growth to fuel upgrades and seniority movement. Which one do you think Kelly cares about?

It's actually 4 million plus that I believe GK takes home for a bonus. Sure it's great for the employees to get the cash...but GK didn't have to deal with the delays running hours late on no sleep, dealing with irate pax, or sitting on a cold ramp waiting 3 hours for a short staffed ramp. GK could care less. He's an accountant. He doesn't care about the employees or the passengers. He got his 15%...which he said we will grow when we hit it...but he's already said we won't grow in 2015 so that also makes him a POS. Can't trust the man as far as you can throw him.

Gary didn't have to deal with the delays and up scheduled layovers, but he did have to deal with the likes of you who've been as impatient as a 4 year old, and have the business acumen of a pilot. ( ;) )

All 5 initiatives were scheduled to be completed in 2015- and they're working. Excuses for late contracts are over, excuses for flat growth are over, and the situation is quickly being set to take on new international opportunities-
And everyone got a couple hundred bucks in their pocket-
(All of which I'm giving to line employees over the next few weeks in gift cards snacks or whatever crosses my mind- as an exercise in gratitude)

Bubba said it very well- there are a whole lot of line employees that $200 means a bit of breathing room this month and I'm noticing an uptick and sense of accomplishment this week out online.

These are all good things.

You're right, Bill, in that it's not all that much to us as pilots.... But it might be a lot to a ramper or skycap. Every employee gets the same $200.

And that's really the problem. Everyone shouldn't get the same amount.

And that's really the problem. Everyone shouldn't get the same amount.

That is rich. When the signing bonus for our last contract was divided up a certain union thug fought vigorously to screw the Captains, and give everyone the same amount. The difference between the fo and ca bonus check was quite small.

That is rich. When the signing bonus for our last contract was divided up a certain union thug fought vigorously to screw the Captains, and give everyone the same amount. The difference between the fo and ca bonus check was quite small.

You must be talking about a different union thug, because I favored a formula that would put more weight on longevity and give the captains more of the money.

Egalitarian

Learn it

So I guess that means you're going to give up your salary so that you can make the same as the reservations agents? :rolleyes:

Besides, it's bull$hit. Gary isn't getting $200, and neither are any of the other execs. They're getting millions. But they want you to think that you're equal to a bag tosser. Wake up. The kool aid has piss in it.

Latest resources

Back