• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Q2 Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I guess that means you're going to give up your salary so that you can make the same as the reservations agents? :rolleyes:

Besides, it's bull$hit. Gary isn't getting $200, and neither are any of the other execs. They're getting millions. But they want you to think that you're equal to a bag tosser. Wake up. The kool aid has piss in it.

You can't stand the success of this can you?

Maybe all your negative BS has as little merit as I've been saying if you can't figure a way to spin this low?? Is that what you're worried about?

Look, pcl-

What you're saying doesn't make sense-
It's just a $200 attaboy- that's it. Not a contract. I still make a lot more than a res agent. And GK makes a lot more than me.

Here is what I do know-
Credibility is important in negotiations- and you'll learn this if you get involved in a lot of them with your business.

For example- I once replaced a supplier who had a really good product bc we just couldn't win with them. We would come well researched, show the numbers of what their product added to ours, what ours sold for and the value their operation gave us. We gave them a bonus one time for their 5th shipment showing up ahead of schedule. (More significant than this one as to total value) It was ABOVE AND BEYOND the contract, but a token measure to show that we appreciated it and to let them know that good performance will be rewarded-

Couldn't win though- he led with complaining emotion and always found fault with the end contract-
He had your mentality -

We were by no means an enormous part of his business, but probably represented 3-4%. So we worked with another supplier on their QA program and eventually replaced him outright with people who had more credibility. (To link it up, that was the Brisbane trip)

If we complain about EVERYTHING, and never show any satisfaction with things like say... Free money with no strings, then we will wake up like many airlines and find that we ourselves have taken away all motivation for them to work fairly with us.

Say thank you. It isn't hard. The $200 isn't meant to be a substitute for a fair and reasonable contract that recognizes what we've given. It's a token-
And it spends.

I'm glad for that and it's not another One Luv coin that we can't spend-

Gratitude is a key of life PCL- you'll be richer learning that one too

Last edited:
Three years without a new contract, he pisses on you, and you praise him. Unbelievable. You'll get the "flattish" contract you deserve. :rolleyes:

What world do you live in where $200 is pissing on you?

Btw moron- look at the 5 initiatives, plus the fact that GK was painted into a corner by wall street's 15% "request" (make no mistake- that came from Wall Street), plus looking at most legacy contracts aren't scheduled to leapfrog us in type until 2015, and any idiot could tell you that most contracts were going to be open longer than normal -
I've said it for years now, we'll be lucky to get a contract before 2015 -
And low and behold....
:-/

Dude- you aren't too dumb to read the tea leaves and understand the intersection of all the business pressures--, which is why I always criticize you in particular for having an alpa agenda. It's the only line that makes sense when someone is as smart as you -
Just keep straining credibility to poison the well a bit.

You really are delusional if you think ALPA has anything to do with any of my comments at this point. We're likely within 30-60 days of ALPA disappearing, and since I'm just months away from hanging up the airline wings for good, I'll never have anything to do with ALPA again. ALPA has nothing to do with this. You're just so obsessed with your ALPA hatred that you can't help but see ALPA behind every turn.

No, this is about self respect and knowing your value. Yes, $200 given to you when he's giving the rampers the same $200 is pissing on you. That is, unless he's decided to voluntarily forgo his bonus this year and accept the same $200 instead. Yeah, didn't think so. :rolleyes:

You keep talking about his bonus-
We'll still be getting our profit sharing which is substantially more than any Ramper

Look- I actually don't have a hatred for ALPA- at all- I hate agendas. And you've had one since day one but don't cop to it-
Since you won't explain, I'm just trying trying to figure it out .

The other option besides agenda is to just accept that you're bitter, dumb, and have body issues at your young age- and all that tends to lash out weirdly at times
There's probably more evidence to support that, but for some reason I do want to give you the benefit of the doubt

You're a pretty pathetic excuse for an armchair psychologist. Especially seeing as how you recently wrote a bunch of posts giving people odd dating advice and begging them to come have a drink with you on your overnights. :laugh:

Lay off the psychobabble, wave. This is about business, not your strange obsession with ALPA or with me.

Bingo. Nothing more, nothing less. How many attaboy's did AirTran throw out? More like pink slips maybe?

Shows how much you know.

Years ago AirTran used to give a $10K bonus to two capts and a $5K bonus to 2 FO's and a dispatcher if we met our quarterly fuel goal.

Last edited:
Shows how much you know.

Years ago AirTran used to give a $10K bonus to two capts and a $5K bonus to 2 FO's and a dispatcher if we met our quarterly fuel goal.

Never listen to Red, the guy is a clueless idiot who probably thinks you guys were treated well in the transition and should be happy to now be Corndogs. Again, he is clueless.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back