Swa post interview waiting game...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clark Kent

Swa post interview waiting game question?

Gents,

I had the incredible opportunity to interview with Southwest just over 2 weeks ago...
Unless my mail was lost...I have not received a letter (the thanks but not thanks one), but my references have not been called...not a one.
The Decision Board is scheduled for next week Wednesday.
Is this a bad omen...or just a timing issue? Has anyone of you had or heard of a similar experience.
I have heard mixed reviews.

Thank you for any insight in advance.

Clark

Last edited:
It's normally a good sign if your refs get a call. But it's not the end of the world if they don't get called. Keep your head up and hang in there.

I'll be honest, in the vast majority of cases if you are going to be hired they will contact at least one of your LORs. There *have* been exceptions so be hopeful but realistic. PLUS... you interviewed only 2 weeks ago so they might still have time to call some of your LORs before the DB...

Good luck and best wishes...

My guess is since you interviewed two weeks ago you will miss this decision board and make the next. That gives them more time to call and complete your background checks...good luck. It is an awesome place to work.

It is also my understanding there may be only one class a month for the next couple of months, so that may explain the delay in reference verification for posssible candidates....

SWA hires a bunch in the 1st half of the year, slows down during summer a little, then ramps up a bit in the fall.

The majority of aircraft deliveries from Boeing are at the first half of the year....there are more deliveries for the last 6 months but not as many.....there is also the factor of retirements....I haven't looked at the specific numbers but if there were more retirements in the first of the year than the 2nd, then more folks come in during this time. I've heard 1 class for July, maybe 1 for Aug (still not sure), maybe a few more spread out through the rest of the year....not as many as in the first half but again the numbers aren't bad.

They will certainly pick up again at the beginning of the '06 when more aircraft come on line....while the bow wave may appear to have gotten somewhat smaller, it is still looking good in the long term. Of course if more aircraft come available suddenly then things will change rapidly....always good....one can never be sure if one is in the pool but one thing is certain, we'll be hiring folks for a long time (hopefully;) ..OK so it isn't certain)....hopefully one of them will be folks from this board....stranger things have happened.

Latest resources

Back