• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies (3)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks TOAD, but riddle me this. Why is it that SWA manages to keep their plans very close hold until they actually go public, yet your high up buddy just sings like a bird to you? Does that make any sense at all? Not anymore than your usual info that could be pieced together from info that the sh1t sucker truck guy passes to you. Hope your shining personality doesn't show thru if you get an interview.

Look buddy, my friend was one of the top dogs a few years ago in the union...and during that time, he basically worked himself in VERY tight with the folks at head quarters. He personally talks to the guy in charge of all the pilots on a weekly basis and even talks personally with the CEO. If you guys open a new base, he's pretty much a shoe in as a chief pilot. In fact, he said at his base there is an opening for a chief and he wouldn't be suprised if they offered him the job. He says that his only problem is that he isn't super senior. If it weren't for his seniorty number, he'd probably have a job at HQ already.

So, the question isn't when I'll get an interview...the question is, will I get to go to the front of the pool? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Look buddy, my friend was one of the top dogs a few years ago in the union...and during that time, he basically worked himself in VERY tight with the folks at head quarters. He personally talks to the guy in charge of all the pilots on a weekly basis and even talks personally with the CEO. If you guys open a new base, he's pretty much a shoe in as a chief pilot. In fact, he said at his base there is an opening for a chief and he wouldn't be suprised if they offered him the job. He says that his only problem is that he isn't super senior. If it weren't for his seniorty number, he'd probably have a job at HQ already.

So, the question isn't when I'll get an interview...the question is, will I get to go to the front of the pool? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Funny, your buddy just had a chance to be a chief pilot, as a position just came open. But guess what? They filled it. And guess what? It wasn't your buddy.

Funny, your buddy just had a chance to be a chief pilot, as a position just came open. But guess what? They filled it. And guess what? It wasn't your buddy.

Hey Buttdart, how do you know that isn't my friend?

FYI, the guy I refer to isn't my only SWA buddy. He's one of many. Several more are check airmen. So, you might want to stew on that. Don't hate...just buy me beer as a new hire.

More great FI entertainment.

Come on TC, everybody knows you're a SWA pilot just screwing with people. Where ya based?

Spoken like a true TOAD!! I am sure when they find the name, LS, in the pool you will TOAD swim to the head of the class. I like the idea that you are the future CP in Den, it never occured to me that you are a SWA pilot pulling chains on here. If true, CLASSIC I say!!

Also a reminder to put into this article. She is discussing this with analysts. The same analysts who put out material promoting or disputing the reasons to buy a stock and at what price. On the flip side of this, these are also the same people who here these presentations year in and year out, so some are able to cut through any BS that a company might be blowing. One has to be on their toes and passing out accurate information or they risk getting torn to shreds and having some wonder why the company is blowing smoke.

As mentioned above, the capacity increase is based on comparing it to last year in the same quarter. One can have capacity increase while reducing the number of flights based on schedule optimization which SWA has been running through for several months now. Adding -800s is just another piece of this puzzle. Shifting its current fleet from route to route is another.

Yes, things are improving. Will there be new classes around the turn of the year- I hope so but I still plan for the worst.

Under promise, over deliver. Old school SWA ?

Latest resources

Back