• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool IV Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least we are adding flights again instead of removing them... so things are going the correct direction now...

TANKER, my bUDDY, watch doin..

We need to get a BEER! YOUR FUNNY AND WISE NATURE is much desired over a few beers!

BBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>>TANKER RULES< TANKER IS COOL< TANKER IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU DUDE!

CYA

Hey Friend! Good to hear from you. I thought you'd be too busy getting packed up for your move to MKE. I hear it's cold there this time of year so bundle up! Hope all is well in the RJ. Or at least in the bus at soon to be RJ rates.

Merry Christmas!

Hey Friend! Good to hear from you. I thought you'd be too busy getting packed up for your move to MKE. I hear it's cold there this time of year so bundle up! Hope all is well in the RJ. Or at least in the bus at soon to be RJ rates.

Merry Christmas!

crj567:
You'd know. Working at ASA flying an actual rj for rj rates.
That, and your other "side business" you do to make ends meet!:laugh:

Merry Christmas!

Yuck, Brother! RJ fLying sucks all around! MKE is cold too! I would rather chill with you and find out how to be "witty", "clever", "funny" and "wise".

BBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,, YOU TOO FUNNY SOLDIER! TANKER, YOU ARE A STUD, YOU ARE THE LEADER OF FLIGHT INFO!!!! YOUR CLEVER and COCKY ATTITUDE is AWESOME!

Seriously, you would be SURPRISED if you knew! :)

CYA

Yuck, Brother! RJ fLying sucks all around! MKE is cold too! I would rather chill with you and find out how to be "witty", "clever", "funny" and "wise".

BBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,, YOU TOO FUNNY SOLDIER! TANKER, YOU ARE A STUD, YOU ARE THE LEADER OF FLIGHT INFO!!!! YOUR CLEVER and COCKY ATTITUDE is AWESOME!

Seriously, you would be SURPRISED if you knew! :)

CYA

....he is the General's b!+ch:laugh:

I just read that overall seat capacity for Southwest will deline 4-5% overall from last year. The CEO also said that the fleet size will not increase.

Looks like at 11 pilots per jet, you need the fleet to grow by 2 jets before you start a class.

If you guys want, PM me and I can put you in touch with the UAV guy at Creech (Vegas). Training last 3 months or so and then he wants a year pay back on full time orders. That could pay the mortgage until training starts again. Seriously, I'm not trying to get you guys spun up...but there's an opportunity to keep the incoming coming in until training can start again.

If you can look past the obvious poking and needling, the points TC has made about the situation at SWA and the options available for some of you...especially former military...are accurate.

I might tell you the same thing...hopefully a little nicer...but if you can read some of his info through a filter you will see some validity in some of his posts.

Not defending him...just stating some facts.

OK, so all you guys the with inside knowledge, decipher this: An e mail went out from the PD saying that, despite adding up to 10 jets to the fleet in 2010, they plan to retire a like amount. So, there is no hiring planned for 2010 at this time. Then, a buddy of mine says that Gary Kelly told the union that they will grow the fleet next year. Which is it? Anybody really know what's likely to happen?

Thanks.

Gary's definition of growth is more flights than last quarter.
Gup's definition of growth is more bodies flying those flights.

While we are "growing" back some of our previously reduced schedule I'd be REALLY surprised to see us "grow" enough to trigger actual hiring. From all accounts we are overstaffed by 300 bodies.

Hope I'm wrong.
Gup

Agreed. The 10 net aircraft, if it ends up being that way, will help our overstaffing. Doubtful it will require new-hires, but if things improve real-well, things do change overnight, especially here.

Latest resources

Back