• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pool III

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worried that I'll phuk your interview 17? Maybe you should play nice with the clown.

Oh, so now you already work here? Ok, I'll play along.

Capt Z. Keep the faith, interviews and class dates to continue for most of the rest of the year. It's not about growth, it's about staffing the yields as well as the impending RNP training and offline pulls.

:rolleyes:

not really.... it's like watching a nerd tell a joke. only 1 person it's funny to.

There were two one from express and one from United. They were both told to be quiet multiple times and continued to run their mouths.

Sorry to continue the thread creep, but the observation these guys made was probably correct, they just unwisely opened their pie holes. Those of us that came from elsewhere all pretty much had the same view of the training and procedures here, but we figured privately venting over beers and shots was a better way to go.

Southwest is a great company, but flight ops is not the strong point here. My advice to the "poolies" is just STFU and put the student conehead hat for a couple months like most of us did, and all will be well. Multiple required drinking events during training eases the pain :beer:

It's great here on the line.

BD

Word on the street is for only 1 class in Aug, 2 in Sept, and 3 possibly in Oct. That was from someone who interviewed a few days ago, fwiw...

SLC
:cool:

as a flight attendant or pilot...You had to get where you are in the military by making good coffee...I am sure one of your bosses can write you a rec for inflight...I think they are interviewing.

That would be an insult to our hard working skilled folks in inflight if they let the Clown in. My guess is hes just a kid that plays a little too much Microsoft Flight sim, because who else would have the time to post as much as he has.

To the folks who are actually going to to work here - Hang in there, its worth the wait. I heard 2 classes a month until the end of the year. Im not in the loop though so.... That was just crewroom talk I heard the other day. As for the Flight Ops department not being up to par, thats cr*p. Just because its procedurally different than Express Jet or United doesnt mean its bad - its just different. I thought the training was outstanding. The folks that are there to support you are second to none. Best of luck to all. Anyone with any questions shoot me a message. Might take a while to get back to you, because unlike Tanker Clown, I actually work for a living.

Any guess of the size of the pool currently? After the July 30th class I heard some where around 50 left in the pool but I am not too sure of the source, hence not too sure of the accuracy.

Any guess of the size of the pool currently? After the July 30th class I heard some where around 50 left in the pool but I am not too sure of the source, hence not too sure of the accuracy.

That is a GOOD ball-park number, but may be a little low depending on deferrals and when they become available for training?

Latest resources

Back