• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Pool 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the information people. But I do not think age is consider either... if you have the same pool date. My buddy is younger than me and got call already.

I give PD another day and then I will call to find out.

Don't wait. Call them today. they may have overlooked you. Ronna is the best to call.

To all that will be in the upcoming class and the future classes... Congrats!

I waited 12 months in the Pilot pool for the hope to be in the upcoming May class, or any class at SWA for that matter. I thought that I had good character with good solid background, and a person who is a good aviator and a person who strive to be honorable.

Today, I was told by the head of pilot recruitment (after a week of waiting from PD to find out my status at SWA in regards to the May classes) that the offer of employment by SWA is no longer valid! Due to background check indicating that I was not a good person to fly with...

I want to thank my friend at SWA who recommended me, the support by the people in the current pilot pool, and the great support of the SWA pilots who support all of us in the pilot pool by providing us information and encourage the people in the pool to be patient and be possitive.

It is easy for me to say that I am a good person and a fun person to fly with. It is harder for people who do not know me to believe what I say is true or to have proof of who I am as a person.

To the person or people who said bad things about me that causes by current situation. All I can say is that you are wrong.

My good buddy, who is in the same pool date as I was. I want to wish him a wonderful career at SWA and have a great time in training.

Best of careers to all of you.

I waited 12 months in the Pilot pool for the hope to be in the upcoming May class, or any class at SWA for that matter. I thought that I had good character with good solid background, and a person who is a good aviator and a person who strive to be honorable.

Today, I was told by the head of pilot recruitment (after a week of waiting from PD to find out my status at SWA in regards to the May classes) that the offer of employment by SWA is no longer valid! Due to background check indicating that I was not a good person to fly with...

I want to thank my friend at SWA who recommended me, the support by the people in the current pilot pool, and the great support of the SWA pilots who support all of us in the pilot pool by providing us information and encourage the people in the pool to be patient and be possitive.

It is easy for me to say that I am a good person and a fun person to fly with. It is harder for people who do not know me to believe what I say is true or to have proof of who I am as a person.

To the person or people who said bad things about me that causes by current situation. All I can say is that you are wrong.

My good buddy, who is in the same pool date as I was. I want to wish him a wonderful career at SWA and have a great time in training.

Dude that sucks ass!

That sucks. Can one person really just sink you like that? So sorry man.

Last edited:

Are you serious? I thought the whole "blackball" thing was done prior to the job offer. Additionally, after a year in the pool, SWA is just now doing your background checks??? Something sounds strange here. Anybody know how this works? This adds a whole new level of anxiety to the 200+ still swimming in the pool... Yikes!

This is very strange indeed.
I thought background checks were done prior to the job offer. I know many guys who didn't make a decision board date because background checks were not done in time (Interview date was too close to DB date).
It must have been something that came afterward. And why did they wait until it was time for you to go to class???
Whatever it is, we can all sympathize with your predicament.

Last edited:
There has got to be more to the story... Avgslin, I feel bad for you, and not trying to pry (to much), but do you think you had some skeletons in the closet that came out, or did this just hit you with no idea???

Latest resources

Back