• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilots with families living around OAK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think I will ever move to CA, just exploring all options. I am around 7100 on the combined list. Do you think I will be able to hold a line in MDW or BWI or MCO?

I'm about 6700 on the combined list and I'm holding blank lines about 20 or so away from RSV in MDW if that helps.

Each reserve day counts as 6 hours block for legality purposes- then what trip said-
Goes above guarantee

Get ready to take a HUGE paycut. Your money will go NOWHERE in CA compared to GA. Ridiculously high taxes, gas prices, real estate, everything. Making $159k a year in CA is like 60k to 70k in GA. Make sure you research the insane cost of living.

There is no way in hell I'd EVER consider moving to CA. EVER. Forget the moonbat bed-wetting liberal hippy $hit, I wouldn't do it simply for the ridiculous increase in cost of living. Not worth it.

If the above math was true the average IQ in Georgia would go up with all California people moving there. ...hahaha, just kidding. It's not that bad, but 150 would get you and live comfortable, where I live with two kids, a minivan and 1800 house on a big lot. If you don't have to drive everyday, you can live anywhere with in two or three hours of Oakland cheap and nice.

Surf in the morning, snowboard/x-c ski in the afternoon. Great trails for hiking/running. Great weather, so good we don't need AC in the house. Spending 90% of our time outdoors. I could go on and on but I feel my money is well spent.
On other thing, I work for XJT and am based in ORD. When I first transferred here my company listed me as a Illinois and the taxes taken from my pay were higher than the taxes taken out for CA.
I'm not trying to be negative to anyone who has posted in this tread. It's just that I feel many people over look all that NorCal has to offer and just cry about taxes and the cost of home ownership.

Latest resources

Back