• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilots with families living around OAK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surprising you're not considering Lost Wages. Lots of cheap housing, no state taxes, and great wx as well! PM for more info.

Please stop trying to convince people that CA is such a great state. I am perfectly happy with it the way it is and dont want a bunch of right wing crazies coming in and trying to turn it into another Arkansas. So, yes, the taxes are incredible here....it is a wonder we have any money left over at all. We dont even know what a gun is. The government implants a GPS chip in everyone to keep track of them. Everyone is required to be gay and marry another gay person. Stay away!

Please stop trying to convince people that CA is such a great state. I am perfectly happy with it the way it is and dont want a bunch of right wing crazies coming in and trying to turn it into another Arkansas. So, yes, the taxes are incredible here....it is a wonder we have any money left over at all. We dont even know what a gun is. The government implants a GPS chip in everyone to keep track of them. Everyone is required to be gay and marry another gay person. Stay away!

That's some funny $hit:laugh:!

Get ready to take a HUGE paycut. Your money will go NOWHERE in CA compared to GA. Ridiculously high taxes, gas prices, real estate, everything. Making $159k a year in CA is like 60k to 70k in GA. Make sure you research the insane cost of living.

There is no way in hell I'd EVER consider moving to CA. EVER. Forget the moonbat bed-wetting liberal hippy $hit, I wouldn't do it simply for the ridiculous increase in cost of living. Not worth it.

I completely agree. I read that once a person hits $29K in personal income, you can then slap a 10% tax rate on that income - only $29K!!!! That is ridiculous. They call it the "sunshine tax." Very true that Cali is a great place to visit - but no way can you afford to live "well" unless you are making $300K combined family income. That blows.........

Can you bid Las Vegas instead? At least no state income tax, a reasonable climate (I like the dry heat in the summer) and a pretty good housing market full of foreclosures to choose from - BID VEGAS!

I completely agree. I read that once a person hits $29K in personal income, you can then slap a 10% tax rate on that income - only $29K!!!! That is ridiculous. They call it the "sunshine tax." Very true that Cali is a great place to visit - but no way can you afford to live "well" unless you are making $300K combined family income. That blows.........

Can you bid Las Vegas instead? At least no state income tax, a reasonable climate (I like the dry heat in the summer) and a pretty good housing market full of foreclosures to choose from - BID VEGAS!

The number is actually 49k in personal income (98k for married couples).

I'll admit that California has high taxed, but look into the actual tax burden in each state. All states get a piece of you one way or another.

I figured this: I might pay a lot to live where I live, but I get to live year around. I'm sure we all find ways to deal with the seasons. For me, I like the occasional 80° even in January. You're either wiling to pay the price or you're not. The market is setting the price.

BRANSON, MO..rocks. Cheap living..easy commute and all the women have ..Dolly attributes. 7 flts a day to SFO..anywhere ,really.

Get ready to take a HUGE paycut. Your money will go NOWHERE in CA compared to GA. Ridiculously high taxes, gas prices, real estate, everything. Making $159k a year in CA is like 60k to 70k in GA. Make sure you research the insane cost of living.

There is no way in hell I'd EVER consider moving to CA. EVER. Forget the moonbat bed-wetting liberal hippy $hit, I wouldn't do it simply for the ridiculous increase in cost of living. Not worth it.

This. The state is out of control and people are fleeing like rats from a burning ship.

Say what you want about the cost of living. It's high, because it's desirable place to live.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in GA.

Yet you'll fork over money to a state that's throwing it away, because the weather is nice. You're getting nothing in return. Look at how much you're going to fork over to the state over your career, then imagine that money invested earning even just 5%. Municipal bankruptcy is rampant, cities are out of money, the state has mismanaged everything they've taken from you while lining their pockets. You're right, it is a desirable place to live, but the politicians have ruined it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back