SWA pilot that blew .039

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Echopapa said:
Quite frankly, his chances for any money out of this are minimal. You have to demonstrate "gross negligence" on the part of the TSA or the DA...and the fact that he did in fact have some alchol in his system established their hurdle of probable cause to take him into custody.

Really??? Well, somewhere there is an attorney who will take this case on a contingency....we all hate lawyers ....until we need one....you ever needed the services of an attorney? I have....and he took it on a contingency...and we won....

Except that he wanted more money from GM....so he re-filed....and got more...we were verrrrry happy with what we got.

Tejas

SWA/FO said:
or blast a crew for sliding off a runway at 14 knots which was advertised as good braking.

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up.

And its a very good point.

skiandsurf said:
I dont mean to be "cold" or "heartless", but if this FO survives, should he get 49 life sentences?

The scary thing about this statement is I would not be surprised if the local DA has been considering this one. Regardless of the outcome He/She would be instantly famous.
I would not put this move past any scum sucking lawyer.

Our country continues to devolve through feminization and massive influx of those that have entered our country from areas of the world with very different standards of "law" and fairness. Our English system of law is different than most by differentiating between civil matters and criminal matters. Traditionally in the US, events that were once considered accidents and unfortunate occurances are now being considered criminal. A jury comprised mostly of women and "disinfranchized" individuals who have a low level of education and respond mostly to emotion, revenge, and class envy are easier to convince to hang a defendant. It would be about as fair as standing trial on Oprah's show and her audience serving as the jury. These are the same jurors that have been handing out ridiculous civil judgements for years. God help those that have to be judged by a typical jury now days.

If the Southwest guys that plowed out onto Central Ave had done that in Guadalajara, they would be spend the next 10 years in a mexican federal prison getting their meals through a tube from a guy named Raul. They could get the sentenced commuted with the right political donation. Look at Mexico now to see where we are going in the future.

To make sure that America stays on the same, downward course, make sure that you and all of your friends vote Republican..........or Democrat.

apache said:
If the Southwest guys that plowed out onto Central Ave had done that in Guadalajara, they would be spend the next 10 years in a mexican federal prison getting their meals through a tube from a guy named Raul. They could get the sentenced commuted with the right political donation. Look at Mexico now to see where we are going in the future.

Uh, wrong.

satpak77 said:
Uh, wrong.
Well, your disagreement with my statement is well founded with facts and reasoning. Oh, wait......Uh, wrong.

Sorry about the jab, but people in this business have gotten soft to, and insulated from, the realities of this industry and the world. Read up on Napoleanic Law and you will see what the rest of the world considers to be fair. This will be the norm when there are 100 million plus Mexicans living in the US. And then there is Islamic law...........

apache said:
Well, your disagreement with my statement is well founded with facts and reasoning. Oh, wait......Uh, wrong.

Sorry about the jab, but people in this business have gotten soft to, and insulated from, the realities of this industry and the world. Read up on Napoleanic Law and you will see what the rest of the world considers to be fair. This will be the norm when there are 100 million plus Mexicans living in the US. And then there is Islamic law...........

No need to put the facts and reasoning out, I am secure in the fact that you are wrong. I know this for confirmed fact.

Have a wonderful day.

apache said:

"What the rest of the world considers fair"? Not to be argumentative, but I'm always dismayed at the US vs the rest of the world philosophy. It's been some time since I've read up on Napoleonic Law, but I think systems of law based on English common law comprise more systems worldwide than any other system of law...not a majority, but the largest minority. Countries whose system of laws are primarily based on common law have a total population nearing two billion people, most notably India with a billion plus, but including Great Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore etc etc. Certainly, some of them are farther from common law than others but no country now operates on common law but on variants and amalgamations of various systems (and for that matter neither does Louisiana, California or New York). Common law is a lot more common than common sense.

Cavpilot said:
So exactly how much of that LDS 3.2 beer does one have to drink to blow a .039 the NEXT day?

LMAO.... Ain't that the truth. You get full before you even get a buuzzzz...

Latest resources

Back