• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot on paid leave pending alcohol investigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bullcrap it isn't! It's a whole career better than getting on the airplane. I think he did an AWESOME job! I would have left out the whole "partied hard" bit and said something more along the lines of "go **** yourself until I speak with my union" but hey.

The bottom line. I can't imagine the dude was drunk 14 hours after the bar closed.

Gup

yeah..nice post..he did an awesome job all right...despite what you think, why would you put yourself in that position?....outstanding....keep up the good work. Almost as dumb as beating up a cab driver over $10 bucks.

Honestly, I hope it doesn't ruin his career, but I'm sure the guy must have something going on in his life to risk one of the most stable flying jobs in the country. I guessing he needs help.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Whine Lover:

Oh, and being drunk and running away and stripping in the bathroom while calling in sick and then telling the Police that you "partied hard" at the hotel wasn't a real good maneuver either. IMHO.

YKMKR

----------------------------------------------------------

Bullcrap it isn't! It's a whole career better than getting on the airplane. I think he did an AWESOME job! I would have left out the whole "partied hard" bit and said something more along the lines of "go **** yourself until I speak with my union" but hey.

The bottom line. I can't imagine the dude was drunk 14 hours after the bar closed.

Gup

-------------------------------------------------

Yeah, he was smart not to get on the airplane... but let's look at some better options:

1) Don't show up for work drunk.

2) If your too drunk to remember Number 1 then,

3) When confronted and realizing you have effed up horribly, smile at the accusers and say "Don't worry, I'm not flying that flight. I'm off duty and you'd better be careful with accusations like that."

4) Walk away quietly and call in sick.

5) Exit the airport.

Turning red, running away, stripping, and hiding in the bathroom doesn't look real good.

Gee, some people might even call that an immediate admission of GUILT. ( Hmmm. Go figure. )

Oh, and then verbalizing and admitting that you were sauced the previous evening isn't a real good idea either.

I'm no Attorney....I'm just sayin'.

Yup..he didn't get on the airplane. Good move.

But, he might as well have gotten on it, stripped naked and started jerkin' it like a monkey at the Zoo...Cuz' that's about how it's going to look in Court anyway as a result of his actions.

YKMKR

Last edited:

Gup

Guess they add everclear to this fellow's koolaid. Not drunk after 14 hours? Have you seen the stellar physical shape of many that do our chosen craft?

But to use your line of logic on current events, I guess Bernie Maddoff is a stand-up guy. I mean look, he had the balls to admit to his family that all the money was gone before the SEC found out! That's a hero in my book! :pimp:

Last edited:
But on a different level, I think Bernie Maddoff is a stand-up guy. I mean look, he had the balls to admit to his family that all the money was gone before the SEC found out! That's a hero in my book! :pimp:

He's no hero. The fam was in on it. The whole story about dinner with sons and disclosure is nonsense.

And it keeps your dog entertained for hours. :laugh:

Stagehand: Hey, can someone fluff Paul? He's got like a windsock thing going on.

Brian: So, this is some kind of shampoo commercial, right? Look, Zack, I'm sorry. There's just no way I can do this. I mean, I've been around, you know. I've licked my share of peanut butter. But I just-I think you need to find yourself a new director.

"I can't imagine the dude was drunk 14 hours after the bar closed."

I don't know how many hours had elapsed or what Our Man had to drink but, here's a fun little tool to play the numbers game with:

http://www.intox.com/wheel/drinkwheel.asp

It even lets you select "airline miniatures" to account for those room partys that (never) happen when the F/A's open the liquor kits up!

Ahhhh...The Good Ole Days.

" Alex, I'd like "Airline Miniatures" for a 2 Million Dollar Career please."

YKMKR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back