• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA PIC hire time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually tell people if Southwest is your goal, go get the type. If your not a Southwest kool aid drinker and you just want a way out of the regionals, don't get the type.

good advice...I had an interview with 1350 PIC and about 5000 TT with the type...and it worked. First thing is have you applied? that's where it starts...then comes the type argument.

Back in 2003/04 I would have jumped ship. My upgrade time at LUV was better than at AA at the time. With all the hiring they have done, I'm probably better off sitting tight.

Besides, I wouldn't want to miss out on the big pay raise Raalph is going to get us, right?

Unit

Besides, with all the TWA pilots behind you, you're safe, right?

stlflyguy

Yeah, I'm in there system waiting for call number 2. I have the type and I'm definatly drunk on the Southwest Kool Aid. They say second times a charm, I hope so!

My year is coming up. Any guesses as to how long from re-applying to getting a second call these days?

My year is coming up. Any guesses as to how long from re-applying to getting a second call these days?

As soon as the People Department sees that you have changed your avatar you should get a call. They really do actively read these forums.

Outside of legacy (family ties) and military does SWA actually hire anyone with less than 2000+ PIC turbine. Friend of mine went to women in aviation and they told him not to get his type because he already had 2000+ PIC turbine. Thought this was interesting!

Yeeah, but mostht importantly...did your buddy meet a lot of ladiesth at the women in aviation conferencthe? Ole Leon will justht have to make it out for that conferenceth next year...along with a sthtaunch supply of courvossier of coursthe!

12000TT, 4000+PIC Turb, 737 Type, 700 PIC 737, two years - no call.

As soon as the People Department sees that you have changed your avatar you should get a call. They really do actively read these forums.

If you think that is bad you should see the possible replacements.

Latest resources

Back