SWA paycheck question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

j41driver

So I see that paydays are 5th and 20th. How does the company divide the trips for each paycheck? I'm guessing one is a set number of TFP with the other making up the difference for the month? If so, which is which? Just trying to see if any of our household finances need rearranged prior class next month.

Thanks!

The 5th is the straight check at a pre-determined amount and the 20th has the overage and the per diem from the previous month.

The 5th check depends on your payrate and longevity.

The 5th is a fixed payment based on your previous months bid line. The 20th is a payment which fixes the ledger to pay the previous month off in full. Expect the 20th to pay more unless you dropped lots of trips.

On those dates unicorns and bunny rabbits feet will be deposited into your account, both can be resold on Ebay.

Dude, you beat me, do you have that FCFS software as well?

Last edited:
Depending on how many you claim on your taxes, where you live, max 401K, 105 tfps, you should take home 7500-8700 a month. Can make more and work less if your smart.:)

To be exact, the check on the 5th is always 47.5 trips. I have buddy on 7yr pay. He recently said his take-home is roughly $3,500 on the 5th. 10% 401k out of that. His last 20th check was about $5,000.

As you know, there are a million things to affect the second check. The check on the 20th is 47.5 + whatever you went over 95 on the previous month.

Your per diem for the prior month is also in the 20th check. No per diem in the 5th check.

Latest resources

Back