SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Irish:

Congrats on the call! Totally agree with you....I had the same experience last summer at the same carrier - I chimed in as well after your posts on that one. Glad to see things are much better this year. Got the call myself yesterday by a Phoenix ACP and feel very fortunate. Good luck to all waiting for the calls.

Hey Coot!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Good for you.

Great news for those who have made it. I'm looking forward to getting to the interview and getting the call myself! :)

Feelin' the Luv

Proud to report that I got the call early this a.m. Weird feeling. Like a ten ton load of anxiety was just lifted from my shoulders. Went from stress monkey to elation to sheer numbness. Still can't believe it's true.

Thank God, cuz now I can talk to my friends & family again (I was sure getting tired of explaining....)

Buddy from my interview group (9/13) called me at 0930 east coast time to say that he had just gotten the call. I got the call an hour later at 0828 my time (Mountain - 1028 East coast).

My call came from the Baltimore assistant chief pilot (who's name I'll never forget, but out of courtesy won't post here). He mentioned that he got assigned a group of names from H-L (I believe....my mind was in a daze as he spoke....). He also mentioned that they divvied up the task and delegated it down to ACP's...which, I take it, is abnormal.

Also, judging by the #'s....they're hiring MORE pilots than was predicted when I interviewed (SW rep said they'd hire 4 or 5 of us...but EIGHT of us have gotten the call (so far)....and there are still one or two who KNOW they had refs called who haven't gotten "the call" yet....(meaning: I think they're about to get the call). (Thank you, Senators for voting to rid is of the Wright...)

So....to those of you still enduring the agony of the indomitable wait.....I offer this comment:

It's non-linear, it's unpredictable.....it's all voodoo

Best Wishes to all. I'm gonna go pop the cork on this bottle of champagne, now.

Hotrod :)

Has anyone out there been called with a last name ending with D, E, F, or G? The wait is killing me slowly. I know it ! My pump can't take much more of this!!!!

get the letter?

Did you get the letter?

Yes I did, it was written 9/18 and sent out 9/22 but I didn't get it in the mail until 9/28. It seems if you don't catch it on the first wave that the letter is on the way. Don't give up hope until you see the letter, but prepare yourself. When and if you get it just take a long walk, then start preparing for next year. In the meantime if you get a call-great.

Latest resources

Back