SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Texas 05'

At the interview I told them how happy I was that Texas won the national Championship after they beat us earlier this year. A couple of the interviewers in the LOI gave me some tough love, afterwards but said they liked the tie and shouted Go Horns! as they left the room. Was i heckled at the interview? HA!HA!

time

Can the ones who get the calls please leave the time and who called you as well as what date you interviewed? I know how about some peanuts and cotton candy while your at it. Thank you in advance for your time!!!!

Can the ones who get the calls please leave the time and who called you as well as what date you interviewed? I know how about some peanuts and cotton candy while your at it. Thank you in advance for your time!!!!

First inital of the last name would be nice as well... Sitting on pins & needles here since mine is near the end of the alphabet! :eek:

Hyperboy, I was called by the Phoenix Chiefs Office at 1832 Central time. I was so stunned that about half of the stuff he told me went right on by... you know, little important things.. LIKE HIS NAME! Gah! I'm such a bone head... I do know for certain that it was a PHX chief, but beyond that, it's pretty much a blurr. He also stated that they did get some extra airplanes, and they would be doing some additional hiring before the end of the year. He told me to expect a class sometime after the first of the year. Really nice guy... told me I could call the chief's office anytime if I had any questions.. sounded genuinely happy to be calling me and welcoming me to the company. Man, I wish I could remember his name... I'd like to send him a huge thank you card.

My info: Regional guy, no military, 10k total time, four types (including 737), ex-checkairman, interviewed on Sept. 21, Last name starts with "D", 6'2", 220 lbs, no hair, blue eyes, MWC.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, Hyperboy! (and everyone else sitting on the phone, waiting for it to hatch).

I can't believe the day has finally come.. I got my 737 type in 1991, and interviewed with SWA my first time in 1993... way back when I was young and good looking (now I'm just good looking)... It's been a long road, and I'm soooo excited to have gotten that phone call... I'm still thinking it must have been a dream.

Let the phone calls keep a comin'!!!

Last edited:
Feels good don't it? Got the call this afternoon. Probably the same guy. Can't remember his name either! Great conversation. They obviously luv making those calls. Been wondering what this was gonna feel like for a long time and it is much better than I had hoped. Will make for a nice weekend!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear something.

Also got the call this afternoon, roughly 1330 east coast time by Phx ast chief pilot. Last name starts with C. Interviewed 12 Sep.

1530 called by IAH Chief last name starts with M. whoooo! hooooo! Good Luck Guys and Gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back