• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It usually takes about a week after your interview. Some have been hired recently without rec's called.

How many would you say get hired without recs called and how many don't get hired with recs called?

What does is really mean to have them called?

no more checking the mail!!

Please tell me there will be more phone calls! I don't want to believe that I did not get hired until I receive the letter. Is there any hope? We must stay strong. Congrats to all!

Getting your references checked usually means that one or more of either your written LOR's, online rec's from SWA Employee's or current and past employers are contacted. It could be just one, a combination of them all, all of them or none. Just depends. Nobody knows the secret on how they decide whom to call or if to call.

What is up with the LETTERS. Has anyone received anything yet. Heck I am in IAH - Not very far from DAL - So you figure the letters wouldn't take but a day or two in the mail. DB+day 10

Someone please post when you got the letter and the date on it.

<maybe there is still hope?>

I live in IAH too but it seemed like I was the last to get my "thanks but no thanks" letter. Best of luck.

Letters?? Or... Phone calls??

Ladies & Gents: I offer the following excerpt from an email that I got today (10/18). Hope this helps: Good stuff in BOLD

thought you all might like to hear the news that I got from Dallas today.

No, I didn't get "THE CALL" but I got a call from a friend of mine that is at Higher Power getting his type. He is is on week 2 of his training and started the sim yesterday. He said that SWA showed up today to talk to everybody. After they were finished with their talk they asked if anybody had any questions so he asked the question that everybody has been wanting to ask. He told them that he had interviewed on 9/11/06 and new that people had gotten their calls but nobody had gotten a letter yet. He then asked them if they were done making calls and sending letters for this review board. She (I'm not sure who it was from the people department) then told him that they were not done with either. They have been interviewing so much that they are having trouble keeping up with everything. He said that from what she told him they were also finished filling the classes for the year and were working on the pool for next year. I guess our groups of 24 a day were almost too much for them, they are now only having at the most 18 a day.

They also said that they had far exceeded the amount of hiring that they had planned this year. They were supposed to only hire 350 and instead hired around 570. Next year they are supposed to have 550 and will probably have more. It will continue like that for the next few years and then possibly increase when all the retirements start to kick in.

All of that said, I guess we all still have a chance. Good luck to everybody!

ALSO:

another email I got had specifics:

"70-80 names to work through"....

This was a quote direct from the People Department. hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back