• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Oct Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right...and if you didn't impress them, you get a "Do Not Recommend", which means you're out of luck, and they know it on their drives home...the LOI and references won't be used. If the interview goes well, the LOI and references will be checked and considered.

I think "do not recommend" only go to folks who when their references were called, the strories didn't quite fit reality. EEOC rules and all, only the decision board can say no.

letter has been received!

I am throwing in the towel this round since I got the letter in the mail. The fat lady has sung this time but I will be back in a year following my dream to work at SWA. 7 references called, a letter I wrote Herb K. back in 1998 telling him that this was where I wanted to be when I started my flying career and his response, 2 in house recs both of whom were called.

I am looking forward to my next chance and loved every bit of the interview. I have tasted LUV and me "likes". Good luck to all I am looking forward to flying as your F.O. over at LUV maybe about this time next year. Until then I will drool everytime I see the Canyon blue. What a ride it has been..........

By this time next year the age 60 rule may be changed to age 65 and the whole scene will change. For you young guys it will be a postive thing, airlines don't like to expand with inexperience, having the old guys around will actually give them the confidence to "go for it."

By this time next year the age 60 rule may be changed to age 65 and the whole scene will change. For you young guys it will be a postive thing, airlines don't like to expand with inexperience, having the old guys around will actually give them the confidence to "go for it."

Huh?? Sounds like you're full of "something"...........

Sorry to hear it hyperboy, I was rootin for you since you started on this thread. Good luck next year and keep the faith.

Turnover/DB

Originally Posted by TurboS7

Ha...sure. Everyone knows management likes a decent pilot turnover rate at the "magic age" when you cost too much for the productivity you provide. Why pay you $190/hour when the young guy only costs $110? As long as there is a warm body in the seat, no one cares about your experience. Have you observed our colleagues walking around airports lately? Ipods, backpacks, black tennis shoes, blondie spiked hair, etc...those guys are the future of this blue collar profession.

And, yes, only the DB can officially say no, but everyone knows you are out of contention long before that if the interviewers give you the thumbs down.

Latest resources

Back