• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Nov DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the call to interview 10/10/06 and picked 11/06/06 interview date. I have four type ratings. However B737 is not one of them.

I got the job without the type. I wish I had it now, since it would get me into class sooner, but as nervous as I was, I probably would have been more so with all the effort and $$$ expended on the type...who knows. Out of my group, 8 out of 23 got called. Of those who got the call, from what I can tell, 4 were typed. Good luck.

Any word on the October DB yet? I interviewed on Monday, but not expecting any word until after the November DB...which I assume will be around the first week of November, or is it usually later? The H.R. folks on my interview day said they didn't know yet.

The wait begins..... :)

Just interviewed last week (12th) @ LUV (amazing experience btw). The 9th was the October DB. With the rate of interviewing going on now (~24 / day) they are aiming for a DB about every 4 weeks or so. They were operating on about every 6 weeks prior to this (at the older rate of interviewing ~8-12 / day). So based on the People Dept saying "in about a month" and the higher math (let me count -- hold on, I have to take off my shoes now...) I'd say around the week of the 6th or 13th. They have to coordinate all the regional CP's for the round table and set up the ouija board too. Don't go holding your breath either. These are way flexible and move left or right as well. Good luck to all. Hope I can sleep a little bit before then....
-Jeeves

Does anyone know when they start calling your references? I've heard a couple of different things: that they call the same week as your interview, or that they call starting the following week. I'm sure it's a different timeframe for each group, but does anyone out there know what the usual procedure is?

Does anyone know when they start calling your references? I've heard a couple of different things: that they call the same week as your interview, or that they call starting the following week. I'm sure it's a different timeframe for each group, but does anyone out there know what the usual procedure is?

I interviewed on a Monday, and my references were called the following week. A neighbor of mine had a similar experience. This seems to be fairly typical: Interview one week, and the next, references get called (assuming you "passed" the interview.)
That being said, there are exceptions for everything.
Good luck!

DB, Ref's call, type ratings of my

Had the greatest interview experience on Wednesday Oct. 11th. Had about 6 references called the following Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed until what I here is Nov. 14th for now! Yes I have the type. By what I can tell, 5 of us in my interview group, of 23, have had ref's called and all five with types.

This is all I know, but I hope it means good things!!

Good Luck Everybody

SD

So if I interviewed on Monday 9 Oct and my references have not been called yet... What are my chances? (That probably means that I didn't do to well on the interview):confused:

Latest resources

Back