• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA New Work Rules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats 110 trips for pay, guys.......not 110000 dollars.

Well, The Jan. lines are out.

Some of us have definitely taken a QOL hit, with little to show for it.

The guys that wanted to have an "extra" day put in their line got 4 extra days. But at least they'll get paid for 2 of those days!

IMHO, the company will lose as well, as now they are tying up a lot of guys with these unproductive, difficult to rearrange/give away lines, that would otherwise pick up on their days off.

We'll see......

Tripower455 said:
Well, The Jan. lines are out.

Some of us have definitely taken a QOL hit, with little to show for it.

The guys that wanted to have an "extra" day put in their line got 4 extra days. But at least they'll get paid for 2 of those days!

IMHO, the company will lose as well, as now they are tying up a lot of guys with these unproductive, difficult to rearrange/give away lines, that would otherwise pick up on their days off.

We'll see......

How do you figure there are days we are not getting paid for?

I looked and was unable to find any lines that worked more than 15 days in January. Could be 18 for the whole line but that includes 3 days in Feb, which go to Feb totals. Maybe im not looking at it right.

Last edited:
TexaSWA said:
How do you figure there are days we are not getting paid for?

I looked and was unable to find any lines that worked more than 15 days in January. Could be 18 for the whole line but that includes 3 days in Feb, which go to Feb totals. Maybe im not looking at it right.

In MCO, there are numerous 16 day lines in Jan with 4, 4 days that pay 104 with no overlap.

There used to be a ton of 12 day lines that paid around 90. Now, the junior guys get to work an extra 4 days to reap an 14ish extra tfp, which = approximately 2 extra days of pay. Who's gonna want to work those lines?

FWIW, before we let them restrict ELITT, I was able to turn a 90 ish, 12 day line into over 100 tfp, with one extra day on average, leaving me more days off to pickup, if I were so inclined. I am sitting in the bottom 30% of my domicile....

BTW< I am ALL for productivity..... I just can't see how this side letter works to either party's advantage. Working more days for the same pay seems like we're going backwards......

Just my uninformed opinion, but I have a feeling that this side letter vote is the reason we're not hearing anything regarding new hire classes for January. The anticipation is starting to make me suspicious of everything and it could be the reason everyone is looking at me. I think I'll go and sit on a grassy knoll and wait for a flying saucer to come and get me to take me to a Jim Morrison concert!:laugh:

I thought the MDW lines are good. Maybe you need to go to a real base? ;)

SWA/FO said:
I thought the MDW lines are good. Maybe you need to go to a real base? ;)

No thanks! I spent 4 winters commuting there until MCO opened, and never looked back! ;)

The lines have to get a LOT worse for me to do that again! :eek:

Latest resources

Back