• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new hire bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
April 6th class, and live in Dallas. I did IOE in DAL and just a few trips to finish up June, hardline in MCO for July and HOU in AUG. I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon. Anyway things are going great and as the Mcdonalds jingle goes, "I'm loving it!"

J3

I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon.

You will be suprised how quit you get off. Lots of folks bid res. and sit it at home. I went to HOU as soon as I could and I only sat res. one month. That was after several months of having a line first. They reduced the base one month and I got reserve. Back off the next month.

I don't see HOU reducing in size anytime soon. It will go really fast.

roughneck said:
I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon.

You will be suprised how quit you get off. Lots of folks bid res. and sit it at home. I went to HOU as soon as I could and I only sat res. one month. That was after several months of having a line first. They reduced the base one month and I got reserve. Back off the next month.

I don't see HOU reducing in size anytime soon. It will go really fast.

Rough, Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will take your word for it and see how things go!!!

J3

Timing is everything. I got to HOU in March and have been on reserve ever since (including July). Looking at the last vacancy bid, I should be able to finally get a line in August.

Latest resources

Back