SWA new hire bases

HarleyGuy

Total Time
For those of you in the pool, I just wanted to let you know that the vacancy bid results posted last night, and guys in my class were able to get midway, baltimore, or phoenix right off the bat. So you may not have to go to oakland if you don't want to!

HG

FlyBarneyJets

Go Kings, Go!!
Total Time
15k+
PHX right outta the shoot (August 1) for me! What more could a guy ask for! I'm done with OE on July 1, and finish up the rest of the month out of PHX, too.

ForgedBlade

Total Time
10000+
PHX might sound real nice after another winter trudging through MDW! I sure miss ATA...

Skyrunner

Dark side of Pikes Peak
Total Time
1152PM
Hey VespaGuy,

What's shakin? How did you find the results? I'm still showing as a DAL/FO.

Adios,

CB

TR4A

Total Time
15000+
How did you find the results? I'm still showing as a DAL/FO.
You can go to the SWAPA web site and see the vacancy bid results or Maestro has been updated. Just change to August and then look at Crew Member Assignments.

HarleyGuy

Total Time
Got the pdf file off the SWAPA site.

HG

roughneck

Total Time
I'm done with OE on July 1, and finish up the rest of the month out of PHX, too.

Just to save you some laughs later on, Flight attendants do OE, new hire pilots do IOE, and captain upgrades do UOE.

FlyBarneyJets

Go Kings, Go!!
Total Time
15k+
Funny, EVERYONE's been calling it OE. Personally, I don't care what it's called, as long as I finish up this week! ;)

AMRCostUnit

Back on the 737
Total Time
Any newhires get MCO out of school? If not, any guess how long to get MCO?

Unit
FL Bound

TR4A

Total Time
15000+
AMRCostUnit said:
Any newhires get MCO out of school? If not, any guess how long to get MCO?
A guy in the 20 April 2005 class.

J3CubCapt

Total Time
April 6th class, and live in Dallas. I did IOE in DAL and just a few trips to finish up June, hardline in MCO for July and HOU in AUG. I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon. Anyway things are going great and as the Mcdonalds jingle goes, "I'm loving it!"

J3

roughneck

Total Time
I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon.

You will be suprised how quit you get off. Lots of folks bid res. and sit it at home. I went to HOU as soon as I could and I only sat res. one month. That was after several months of having a line first. They reduced the base one month and I got reserve. Back off the next month.

I don't see HOU reducing in size anytime soon. It will go really fast.

J3CubCapt

Total Time
roughneck said:
I'm not sure how smart bidding HOU was because I'll be on RES forever, but I really never expected it so soon.

You will be suprised how quit you get off. Lots of folks bid res. and sit it at home. I went to HOU as soon as I could and I only sat res. one month. That was after several months of having a line first. They reduced the base one month and I got reserve. Back off the next month.

I don't see HOU reducing in size anytime soon. It will go really fast.
Rough, Thanks for the words of encouragement! I will take your word for it and see how things go!!!

J3

hudman

Total Time
Timing is everything. I got to HOU in March and have been on reserve ever since (including July). Looking at the last vacancy bid, I should be able to finally get a line in August.