SWA new city? SHOCKING

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But seriously...

Is there really a new city that would surprise any of us? Hard to imagine SWA going anywhere they aren't certain will be profitable. I suppose anything outside of CONUS would surprise me a little, but then again, so did SWA's transcontinental flights initially.

(quietly hoping it's not HNL)

When put in the perspective of being "shocking", as opposed to being realistically possible, I'd rank a few possibilities this way:

#1. DFW , what could be more shocking than SWA taking on AA head to head in the DFW metroplex?

#2. DIA, after years of avoiding Denver because of the possibility of weather delays.

#3. ATL, just because I don't know where SWA would come up with gate space

#4. COS, because the Springs seem to be a proven loser

#5, SJU. because SWA doesn't fly any overwater equiped aircraft that I am aware of.

all of the other mentioned possibilities do seem to make sense, and therefore would not be "shocking"

regards,
enigma

Enigma,

I'd add ANC to your list, for the same reason as SJU, agree with your reasoning (at least, I wouldn't be too shocked by any of the other cities mentioned), and hope strongly for your #1 pick!

I'd be very happily shocked if SWA decided to go in to DFW! Very happy, and very shocked!

cheers,

Snoopy

PIT--

The local authorities have been hinting, then outright threatening to let a LCC in with reduced airport costs. Plenty of gate space, and with Airways so reduced in and out, no delays. Quick on and off the gate. Perfect for WN. Here comes the Luv...

Bad-Andy said:
PIT--

The local authorities have been hinting, then outright threatening to let a LCC in with reduced airport costs. Plenty of gate space, and with Airways so reduced in and out, no delays. Quick on and off the gate. Perfect for WN. Here comes the Luv...

What you say makes sense, but it proves that SWA to PIT wouldn't be "shocking".

regards,
enigma

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back