Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snoopy58 said:
Enigma,

I'd add ANC to your list, for the same reason as SJU, agree with your reasoning (at least, I wouldn't be too shocked by any of the other cities mentioned), and hope strongly for your #1 pick!

Actually, ANC is done within 50 miles of shore. Alaska Airlines doesn't have any overwater aircraft either.

OtterFO said:
Didn't Aloha use SWA's aircraft for their proving runs to Oakland?

Southwest has been visiting Hawaii for years watching Aloha and taking notes from the original all 737 operator.

And yes, when Aloha needed a 737-700 to do their proving runs a WN bird was used. Southwest reservations got phone calls up the wazoo while that plane was being seen taxiing around Honolulu.

There's actually a few guys from Hawaii flying at Southwest. Some have been there for years. I dont want to post their names but an old time FBO operator from the Big Island made his way to WN and so did one old Lockheed Loadstar driver.

You guys are welcome back home anytime but leave the heavy metal in Texas OK?

Why not ANC?

The new terminal is starting to look good and should be ready soon, doesn't that make sense for SWA? Gate space and all that competition from AS? :)

If they pull into ANC, I wonder where they plan to fly? SEA, PDX, LAS, PHX, SLC, MDW, LAX, SFO?

I was in upgrade class when Herb told us that the biggest mistake that he ever made was pulling out of ANC & COS when SWA acquired Morris. So I guess ANC isn't that strange of a possibility.

Been racking my brain....

SHOCKING.....hmmmm. Got to be a clue here somewhere.

Been seeing all the possible new cities here. Some good ones indeed. But shocking? Naw....hardly. A good move is a good move. We all expect SWA to make good moves, and we'll all say "hmmm....nice choice." But I doubt a new city name will shock everybody.

Perhaps we're all missing the point. Yep, next month a new city may be announced. But we ALL won't be SHOCKED by it. Maybe the SHOCKING news will be the WAY they announce it.

This could be interesting.....Perhaps on national T.V.? Remember, it's reality television at it's finest.....and it's the new Fall season. Maybe Herb will be accepting the Emmy.

Hey, where's the remote? ;)

ANC will not support the year around traffic that SWA will want. If you guys stick to your normal business plan. The traffic is seasonal.
The other thing is, if you try to go to any of the other cities in the state, AS owns all the infrastruture.
You say big deal, but most of the people that travel from ANC come from the other towns and villages of AK, then south.

I think SWA will go somewhere else. To many other easy markets out there. Why not JFK and send a messege to B6? That would be full of shock and awe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back